P&B Hospital

^^^ this is how German Emo Cutter Girl got started
See if you have an inflamed joint, is it better for the joint to suffer through the pain (if you can) rather than take an anti-inflammatory? I've always assumed that the inflammation helps to protect the area. Forgetting about the damage that ibuprofen does to stomach lining, obviously.

I suffer arthritis and can’t take any pain meds other than paracetamol (ridiculous allergies). I’m not sure the pain is worth it.

8 hours ago, BFTD said:

^^^ this is how German Emo Cutter Girl got started

See if you have an inflamed joint, is it better for the joint to suffer through the pain (if you can) rather than take an anti-inflammatory? I've always assumed that the inflammation helps to protect the area. Forgetting about the damage that ibuprofen does to stomach lining, obviously.

Not sure how deadly anti inflammatory meds are/when the damage kicks in? I’ve often taken quite a lot of them. My dentist told me taking double. The big 400mg ibuprofen called Cuprofen are good for aches, sore muscles and tendons etc. 

10 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

I suffer arthritis and can’t take any pain meds other than paracetamol (ridiculous allergies). I’m not sure the pain is worth it.

Yeah, it runs in my family, and it occurred to me that I'm bound to end up with it, so I'm curious about what's best for the joints. I can't imagine the paracetamol will help much  :shutup

1 minute ago, Abby Normal said:

Not sure how deadly anti inflammatory meds are/when the damage kicks in? I’ve often taken quite a lot of them. My dentist told me taking double. The big 400mg ibuprofen called Cuprofen are good for aches, sore muscles and tendons etc. 

Ibuprofen causes stomach ulcers and sudden death after long-term use. I was prescribed with it for "tension headaches" for years; didn't do much other than make me sleepy, and it was a big relief when someone finally realised (after thirty fucking years) that it was a type of migraine that could be cured with a low-dose betablocker. Thirty fucking years of praying for death in darkened rooms.

Anyway, I've tried to stay away from the Brufen and put up with joint pain, as my mother had chronic stomach ulcers when she was a kid, and some of her stories were horrifying  :shutup

Another thing - I've started an exercise regime in the past couple of months, as the first lockdown totally fucked me (and everyone I worked with) when we had to start back and had lost all muscle tone. My knees have started reminding me that, sadly, it's now unlikely that I'll be picking up any Scotland caps, and I just noticed that I've got a bag of Epsom Salts kicking about. Do they actually do any good for aching body parts, or is it one of those scams that you only feel benefits from if you believe in it?

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Yeah, it runs in my family, and it occurred to me that I'm bound to end up with it, so I'm curious about what's best for the joints. I can't imagine the paracetamol will help much  :shutup

Ibuprofen causes stomach ulcers and sudden death after long-term use. I was prescribed with it for "tension headaches" for years; didn't do much other than make me sleepy, and it was a big relief when someone finally realised (after thirty fucking years) that it was a type of migraine that could be cured with a low-dose betablocker. Thirty fucking years of praying for death in darkened rooms.

Anyway, I've tried to stay away from the Brufen and put up with joint pain, as my mother had chronic stomach ulcers when she was a kid, and some of her stories were horrifying  :shutup

What about steroid injections? Have had them in hands and feet. Will let you know if I drop dead one day but it would seem a take way to go out (killed by Ibuprofen). 

11 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

What about steroid injections? Have had them in hands and feet. Will let you know if I drop dead one day but it would seem a take way to go out (killed by Ibuprofen). 

Aye, my mum's had them a few times as her knees are (as the doctor put it) fucked, and she's putting off having them replaced (she's one of those folk for whom white-knuckle pain is a minor inconvenience). I was supposed to get one in my shoulder at the start of the year, but the physio recommended that I put it off until Covid was under control, as apparently they f**k your immune system. That's the extent of my knowledge. Thankfully lifting weights seems to have helped the shoulder a lot (although it was fucking agony at first).

Steroids seem to have done alright for Arnie, though.

Edit: glad to read that you'll let us know when you've died. We'll have a whip-round for the missus.

Edited by BFTD

43 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Aye, my mum's had them a few times as her knees are (as the doctor put it) fucked, and she's putting off having them replaced (she's one of those folk for whom white-knuckle pain is a minor inconvenience). I was supposed to get one in my shoulder at the start of the year, but the physio recommended that I put it off until Covid was under control, as apparently they f**k your immune system. That's the extent of my knowledge. Thankfully lifting weights seems to have helped the shoulder a lot (although it was fucking agony at first).

Steroids seem to have done alright for Arnie, though.

Edit: glad to read that you'll let us know when you've died. We'll have a whip-round for the missus.

Felt just like getting a fork through the hands/feet. Hairy and angry after but helped with joint swelling. 

Mrs Par will have the life insurance spent and be sitting on a beach in the Maldives quicker than you can say “I’m glad he’s dead”. 

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

I'm trying to work out how @Abby Normal will inform us that he's deid. Maybe by Ouija board

"I think I'm getting a presence. Oh bollocks, I've sliced my finger open on the glass"

"Must be a message from Abby then.."

See the source image

Had Pate for lunch yesterday. Came home from work for the wife to tell me she’d flung the last bit out as the use but date was 27th of March. Haven’t been able to trust a fart since 03:00 this morning and even though it’s glorious I’m freezing. Am I dying? Thoughts and prayers time P&B.

2 minutes ago, BigBo10 said:

Had Pate for lunch yesterday. Came home from work for the wife to tell me she’d flung the last bit out as the use but date was 27th of March. Haven’t been able to trust a fart since 03:00 this morning and even though it’s glorious I’m freezing. Am I dying? Thoughts and prayers time P&B.

Hope springs eternal.

;)

8 hours ago, BigBo10 said:

I had similar symptoms in February. Likely to be Gastro-enteritis. I had to have a couple of days off work and at the end I had an arse like the Japanese flag. Not particularly nice.

17 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I had similar symptoms in February. Likely to be Gastro-enteritis. I had to have a couple of days off work and at the end I had an arse like the Japanese flag. Not particularly nice.

Arse of the Rising Sun is, I presume, not uncommon across the P&B spectrum. I'm sitting in my bunker fervently wishing there was sudocreme close to hand. 

I often have a thing where I am particularly aware of my heartbeat. It's sort of difficult to explain other than I randomly have a series of 3 heartbeats where the first two build towards a 'big' one that occurs in the middle of my two collar bones.

They happen every so often and can be a few times in a single hour, a few times a day or even not happen for a few days.

As I said, it's difficult to explain but it's like I'm suddenly very aware of my heartbeat, as if it's building to something. I get two beats then, when a third is expected, a sort of skip or blank or nothing, followed by a 'deep' and 'big' beat that I can physically feel in the 'U' shape where my collar bones meet.

Also, I have an odd rash on my calves and part of the top of my left foot. 

You should go to the doctor about the heartbeat thing. It could be arrhythmia or something like that - it isn’t usually serious but it’s worth checking out. A guy I work with has it and had an episode that meant he was hospitalised but he just had to put in place some lifestyle changes - lose a bit of weight, avoid stress, lay off the cocaine and hookers.

16 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I often have a thing where I am particularly aware of my heartbeat. It's sort of difficult to explain other than I randomly have a series of 3 heartbeats where the first two build towards a 'big' one that occurs in the middle of my two collar bones.

They happen every so often and can be a few times in a single hour, a few times a day or even not happen for a few days.

As I said, it's difficult to explain but it's like I'm suddenly very aware of my heartbeat, as if it's building to something. I get two beats then, when a third is expected, a sort of skip or blank or nothing, followed by a 'deep' and 'big' beat that I can physically feel in the 'U' shape where my collar bones meet.

Could it be anxiety? 

16 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Does it get worse during periods of activity? I'd immediately be worried it was a blood pressure thing. Get to the doctor, FFS!

Also, a rash on the calves is a symptom of the bad AIDS, so you might want to mention that too.

Been getting some pretty bad heartburn recently too, which I am really starting to worry may not actually be heartburn.

Over the past couple of days I have what feels like a pulled muscle directly over my heart, but fear that it is actually my heart. 

Should probably make a GP appointment soon. Actually feel like I might be dying a bit. 

It's shameful for me to admit this, but I've put off going to see the GP about some things for a while now because I fear I will just be told it's because I'm a fat dick, and I'm very much ashamed and embarrassed about that. In fact the shame and embarrassment of it have ruined my life for a long time.

Anyway, sob story over.

I'm getting a tooth removed in the morning.