P&B Hospital

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Something weird going on with my feet today. Both big toe nails are quite painful - not that sharp pain you get when they're ingrown, but a deep, throbbing pain from the centre of the nail itself - and I've got a lot of thin slivers of peeling skin all over the soles. Also, a big chunk of skin fell off the top of one of the little toes, and the patch left is too raw for comfort.

What do we think - Long Covid?

Necrotising fasciitis IMO. 

6 hours ago, 101 said:

Fucking June and no-one has done the needful.

Hide contents

image.png.03ef9433513a98923d0a6b50f837389e.png

Hide contents

image.png.d1b5f4a37e12aa129c86799676148e01.png

I seen the notification that you’d quoted me, opened your post and was like “Oh f**k, why the hell did I write that?!” 

Bit less obscure now I’ve seen it in the context of my full post! 😂

22 hours ago, BFTD said:

Something weird going on with my feet today. Both big toe nails are quite painful - not that sharp pain you get when they're ingrown, but a deep, throbbing pain from the centre of the nail itself - and I've got a lot of thin slivers of peeling skin all over the soles. Also, a big chunk of skin fell off the top of one of the little toes, and the patch left is too raw for comfort.

What do we think - Long Covid?

Actually, there's been a lot of minging foot issues lately. They think it may have to do with sedentary WFH lifestyles. Peeling skin, chillblains, toenail issues etc. 

I'd no idea the foot thing could actually have been covid!  :lol:

Thankfully, there's no discoloration; I think it might be something to do it being bloody cold at the moment, and there's a draught coming in under the skirting where my desk is. Pair of slippers required. Or amputation.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone on here had/have a inguinal hernia?

Had it a few years ago and pushed it back in which seemed to have sorted it but after a pretty intense exercise routine in January it’s resurfaced and won’t go away at all. Doc has referred me to the hospital but I can only imagine the wait to be seen will be heavy lengthy at this time.

Seems manageable with basic painkillers throughout the day but just wondering if anyone’s been under the knife for it as the doc said they’ll go in and plug it up with some mesh.

10 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

You're probably looking at a 6 month wait.  If you go online search for inguinal underwear supports.  Will cost about twenty quid but will make a big difference until surgery.

The repair is a straightforward procedure that shouldn't cause you any issues.

6 months isn’t too bad to be honest. it’s manageable for now.

23 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Anyone on here had/have a inguinal hernia?

Had it a few years ago and pushed it back in which seemed to have sorted it but after a pretty intense exercise routine in January it’s resurfaced and won’t go away at all. Doc has referred me to the hospital but I can only imagine the wait to be seen will be heavy lengthy at this time.

Seems manageable with basic painkillers throughout the day but just wondering if anyone’s been under the knife for it as the doc said they’ll go in and plug it up with some mesh.

It's a straightforward repair procedure, normally done as a day-case under a short general anaesthetic. If you're fit and well you'll sail through it, no bother.

As @Tynierose says, there's a wait at the moment. Depending on where you are, it might be more than six months though as there is a large backlog of routine surgery building up.

Just now, Tynierose said:

I was being nice with 6 months.  Hopefully won't be too much longer.

We have a 50 week urology wait at present, its hard going.

It's extremely frustrating that we can't provide treatment in a timely manner. I think we are starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel though, theatre recovery plans are starting, but staff will need time to recover. Mass reorganisation just won't have the engagement from burnt out staff.

55 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

You're probably looking at a 6 month wait.  If you go online search for inguinal underwear supports.  Will cost about twenty quid but will make a big difference until surgery.

The repair is a straightforward procedure that shouldn't cause you any issues.

I did.

44 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

6 months isn’t too bad to be honest. it’s manageable for now.

Strap in for 6 months baby! 

8E1E9C18-C9D3-47AC-B7A9-98C9FED83A47.jpeg

Edited by 8MileBU

16 minutes ago, keithgy said:

My father in law died in Nov 2020 after being told he had cancer,we never found out how far bad he was as he never got the treatment for it until it was too late.

A very good friend of mine (probably my would-have-been best man tbh) got told by his consultant that he had "just a few weeks" to live having gone in with a nasty cough and some heartburn.  Oesophageal cancer to a level beyond treatment.

Can't begin to think how hard that would hit you, being told out of the blue that you will die within 3 months or so.  

6 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

A very good friend of mine (probably my would-have-been best man tbh) got told by his consultant that he had "just a few weeks" to live having gone in with a nasty cough and some heartburn.  Oesophageal cancer to a level beyond treatment.

Can't begin to think how hard that would hit you, being told out of the blue that you will die within 3 months or so.  

He was told in  August in 2020 he had cancer and was due to got for a PET scan at the Beatson Nov 20th,the transport came to pick him up but he was not well and asked them to call 999 or take him to Forth Valley Hospital they said not as he was breathing,but 2 hours later he died of a heart attack.Don't get me wrong he would probably not have survived even if he was in hospital but i wished he had that chance.