P&B Hospital

Just back from Wishaw General A&E with the wife. She took a header down the stairs this afternoon and has broken her collar bone.  She's currently sitting here with her right arm in a sling and doped up on painkillers. She's to go to the orthopaedic clinic on Monday for further investigations however it looks like she's not going to have much use of her right arm for 4-6 weeks

5 hours ago, Empty It said:

Doctor thinks the misses has Noro-virus got anti sickness powder on subscription, anything else that would help?

Put a couple of towels under her and keep her off the upholstered furniture.

“Just back from Wishaw General A&E with the wife. She took a header down the stairs this afternoon and has broken her collar bone.  She's currently sitting here with her right arm in a sling and doped up on painkillers. She's to go to the orthopaedic clinic on Monday for further investigations however it looks like she's not going to have much use of her right arm for 4-6 weeks”

That’s the first time I’ve seen a police statement.

6 hours ago, jock_the_squak said:

Just back from Wishaw General A&E with the wife. She took a header down the stairs this afternoon and has broken her collar bone.  She's currently sitting here with her right arm in a sling and doped up on painkillers. She's to go to the orthopaedic clinic on Monday for further investigations however it looks like she's not going to have much use of her right arm for 4-6 weeks

Whit are they like eh! So clumsy, and on a Friday night too eh, silly moo.

• 4 weeks later...

Couple weeks back went to the doctor as I had lost just under a stone in around 6 days. Eating habits hadn't changed too much, and I was exercising infrequently at best. 

I had the head practitioner, who asked me to 'piss on this stick'. The stick told him I didn't have diabetes, but it seemed my body had gone into a ketogenic state. His advice was to go home and eat pizza and doughnuts. 

A fortnight on and I'm close to losing two stone, so went back this morning. Different doctor who showed a lot more concern. Had to go to our local hospital for blood tests and a x-ray on my chest. He also wants to book me in for a endoscopy next week. 

Are they as bad as they seem. Daft question, but is it difficult to breathe whilst it's going on? 

Couple weeks back went to the doctor as I had lost just under a stone in around 6 days. Eating habits hadn't changed too much, and I was exercising infrequently at best. 
I had the head practitioner, who asked me to 'piss on this stick'. The stick told him I didn't have diabetes, but it seemed my body had gone into a ketogenic state. His advice was to go home and eat pizza and doughnuts. 
A fortnight on and I'm close to losing two stone, so went back this morning. Different doctor who showed a lot more concern. Had to go to our local hospital for blood tests and a x-ray on my chest. He also wants to book me in for a endoscopy next week. 
Are they as bad as they seem. Daft question, but is it difficult to breathe whilst it's going on? 

Won’t lie, it’s not comfy, but you’ll still manage to get decent breathes. Easier said than done, but try not to concentrate on the sensation of it going into your body. Hope everything comes up clear.

Also I know it’s a cause of concern, but it’s interesting that your body seems to be either breaking down carbs abnormally fast, or just not at all, to the extent that you’re going into a keto state without even trying. Some people have to try really hard to get there. [emoji28]

It’s not nice but the nurses etc are very helpful and put your mind at ease. I’ll certainly not be auditioning for any remake of Deep Throat.

1 hour ago, SweeperDee said:

Also I know it’s a cause of concern, but it’s interesting that your body seems to be either breaking down carbs abnormally fast, or just not at all, to the extent that you’re going into a keto state without even trying. Some people have to try really hard to get there. emoji28.png

Yeah, I did try and diet around Nov-Jan with limited success. Since I have gone back to a normal diet, and little to no exercise. Very strange.

45 minutes ago, Dosser-fae-the-shire said:

It’s not nice but the nurses etc are very helpful and put your mind at ease. I’ll certainly not be auditioning for any remake of Deep Throat.

Haha, quite an image. 

I had a colonoscopy a few years back, and from memory, whilst unpleasant, it wasn't THAT bad. The juice I had to take the evening before was definitely the worst part. 

Assuming I wouldn't have to take anything like that for it going the other way. 

Haha, quite an image. 

I had a colonoscopy a few years back, and from memory, whilst unpleasant, it wasn't THAT bad. The juice I had to take the evening before was definitely the worst part. 
Assuming I wouldn't have to take anything like that for it going the other way. 

Aye, out of the 2, the colonoscopy was the “easier”.

1 hour ago, LondonHMFC said:

Try worming tablets first, see if that clears it up.

Shite, pipped to the post. ^^^^

2 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

image.png.ab0b3f4d3dd329cddb71df5690936400.png

Edited by welshbairn