P&B Hospital

Smashed my middle knuckles right off the 90 degree edge of a ledge back in May.  Was pulling paper out of one of those continuous roll paper towel dispensers that needs a good bit of force to break a bit off, but accidentally made contact with the unseen ledge below with a considerable whack (more than needed tbh), leading to bruising for a few days despite some initial ice treatment. 

Thought it would get better with time, which two of them have indeed done, but the middle knuckle on the middle finger which took most of the hit still has a bit of an uncomfortable dull ache that I intermittently feel daily.  I fear this probably isn't going away any time soon.  :(      

Edited by Hedgecutter

14 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'd consider a tetanus jag if you're not up to date. No idea when I had my last one. Is it still a thing? 

I'm up to date with tetanus so would only get a booster anyway.

12 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Aye, right enough. Looks fine mate.
I’ll look out my black tie...

Swelling is down the redness is going as is the itch, I think I'll be okay. But if I do go thanks for coming to my funeral

2 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Good shout, see you there.

This twat will have  vegan shite, and volcanic water or pish like that.

That's very harsh! I stopped being a vegetarian when I became a teetotaller. My funeral will have steak bridies, cocaine and strippers and be set to a soundtrack of classic House and gangsta rap. 

2 hours ago, NJ2 said:

I’m going on the assumption there’ll be steak pie...

I've never been to a funeral with steak pie I usually judge a good funeral as having hot sausage rolls, anyone caught serving cold sausage rolls ought to be dug up and killed again.

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

My neck is swollen up like a tennis ball. Adam and I could probably get a discount on a double-header funeral. 

I'm game, I want the bluebell polka played as people leave if that's cool with you?

21 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

I've never been to a funeral with steak pie I usually judge a good funeral as having hot sausage rolls, anyone caught serving cold sausage rolls ought to be dug up and killed again.

I'm game, I want the bluebell polka played as people leave if that's cool with you?

Deal.

Bert Paton was at my old man's funeral. More than made up for the whole bereavement element of the day. 

1 minute ago, Adam101 said:

Was he wearing his baseball cap?

I didn't notice as I was kneeling in reverence at his feet. They'd somehow struck up a friendship when my dad was in hospital for something. Andy Tod was seeing one of the nurses and when he came in to pick her up they got talking about football and he sent the gaffer along to visit my dad and they became pals. 

6 hours ago, Snafu said:

Hi, had an accident while climbing the stairs carrying a cup of coffee and a biscuit. Still managed to not drop said beverage despite sudden pain and managed to reach table/laptop with said munchies. Need urgent treatment for broken toenail, can P&B AE advise? btw the biscuit was a Tunnocks Caramel Wafer which suffered no damage up until reaching final destination.

DSC_0063.thumb.JPG.a5d0a2c2e32a1b9318851e6af305a061.JPG

Do you work as a Geisha?

8 hours ago, Snafu said:

Hi, had an accident while climbing the stairs carrying a cup of coffee and a biscuit. Still managed to not drop said beverage despite sudden pain and managed to reach table/laptop with said munchies. Need urgent treatment for broken toenail, can P&B AE advise? btw the biscuit was a Tunnocks Caramel Wafer which suffered no damage up until reaching final destination.

This little piggy got caught in the carpet.

This little piggy has stunted growth.

This little piggy is twisted and deformed.

This little piggy is the best of a bad lot, and this little piggy looks like it came from another foot.

10 hours ago, Snafu said:

do you walk anti clockwise when barefoot