P&B Hospital

14 hours ago, Cerberus said:

A guy at work is just back from having a perianal abscess fixed.

Looks nasty.
Don’t Google it if you’re at work.

Eww. Not the same thing I was thinking of that a mate of mine had a few years back though...forget what it was called in medical terms, but it was basically the bit between the tailbone and the top of the arsecrack getting infected.

Treatment consisted of getting the area cored out to all intents and purposes and packed with dressing which had to be changed every couple of days - apparently even less fun than it sounds.

He got about six weeks off work, but according to him spent the entire time lying face down on the couch watching Homes Under The Hammer and waiting for when he could take the next lot of painkillers.

Edited by Hillonearth

1 hour ago, Hillonearth said:

Eww. Not the same thing I was thinking of that a mate of mine had a few years back though...forget what it was called in medical terms, but it was basically the bit between the tailbone and the top of the arsecrack getting infected.

Treatment consisted of getting the area cored out to all intents and purposes and packed with dressing which had to be changed every couple of days - apparently even less fun than it sounds.

He got about six weeks off work, but according to him spent the entire time lying face down on the couch watching Homes Under The Hammer and waiting for when he could take the next lot of painkillers.

Pilonidal sinus. Probably from a cyst or abscess. Can be b*****ds to heal. 

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Bump,

I was bitten by some kind of insect playing football on Sunday, my lower leg is incredibly itchy and when I got home from work my leg was slightly swollen, at what point do I go the the GP to be told it needs hacked off?

30 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Bump,

I was bitten by some kind of insect playing football on Sunday, my lower leg is incredibly itchy and when I got home from work my leg was slightly swollen, at what point do I go the the GP to be told it needs hacked off?

Cut it off yourself, ya weed.

I have a sharp pain behind my right shoulder blade when I breathe deeply. I thought it was just a muscle strain but a couple of my colleagues are saying this is a potential sign of pleurisy?