Lowland League Supporters' Team of the Season

MichaelJayPark

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm still debating who to put in. I don't want to be bias but after watching us go on that unbeaten run it would be very heavily Shire favoured.

Heavily shire based? Will i never. Would never have guessed that selfy[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

6 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:
6 hours ago, fowler23 said:
Tbf I was gonna put tapping or Ramsey in ahead of him but...........
there pish. 
Mccormack? Ure Rodgers and I hate to say it but Sludden were also close to making my team. Good players.

First of all, they're haha and Super Tappy never conceded 5 at home against a rival. McCormack deserves it hands down, was one of our beat players. You obviously missed the games where we played you

I was never any good at English literature nor am I in the grammar police but......................... 

Can you tell me what a beat player is? 

:blink::whistle:lol:

9 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

I was never any good at English literature nor am I in the grammar police but......................... 

Can you tell me what a beat player is? 

:blink::whistle:lol:

Keeps the passing rhythm of the side going

Hi folks, finally got my account up and running!
Hope people are keen to give me more suggestions and like the team of the season idea.

So far I have the following nominees, but more players the merrier.

Goalkeepers:
Ryan Marshall (BSC)
Craig Saunders (Hawick) (you may think I’m biased and crazy being a Hawick man, but I put Craig down based on the fact he’ll have made the most saves in the league and has saved countless penalties, although Marshall seems the outstanding keeper.)

Right back
Ryan Sclater (Selkirk)
Michael Herd (Spartans)
Ross McMillan (BSC)
Connor Greene (Shire)

Centre back
Adam Corbett (Spartans)
Craig Howie (EK)
Greg Pascazio (Cumbernauld)
Kyle Fee (CS Strollers)
Andy Grant (Shire)

Left back
Craig Stevenson (Spartans)

Right mid
David Maskrey (Edinburgh Uni)
Jamie McCormack (Shire)
Sean Winter (EK)
Kieran Hall (Stirling Uni)

Left mid
Lewis Bonar (Stirling Uni)
Stevie Murray (BSC)
Dale Baxter (Selkirk)
Jack Wright (WW)

Centre mid
Jamie Dishington (Spartans)
David Greenhill (Spartans)
Ryan McStay (BSC)
Sean McKirdy (Selkirk)
David Banjo (Selkirk)
Kieran Gibbons (EK)

Strikers
Sean Brown (Cumbernauld)
Ross McNeil (EK)
Jack Smith (BSC)
Andy Rodgers (Shire)
Paul Sludden (Shire)

Manager
Dougie Samuel (Spartans)
Stephen Swift (BSC)
Ian Fergus (Selkirk)
Alex Cunningham (CS Strollers)
Craig McKinlay & James Orr (Cumbernauld)

Another batch worth adding are:

1.Martin Grehan-BSC-Striker

2.Ian McFarland-Spartans-Centre Mid

3.Gavin Lachlan-Cumbernauld Colts-Midfield

4.Martin McBride-EK-Midfield

5.Ross Kelloch-Stirling Uni-Left Back

6.Kieran Hall-Stirling Uni-Left Winger

If it helps ye Jack Wright won the supporters player of the year and Scott Lucas won the players player of the year with special award going to goalkeeper Ross Jardine for his development, all awards at ww. 

Good shouts. That’s where I picked up Jack Wright from, and knew of his quick fire hat trick too.

Another batch worth adding are:
1.Martin Grehan-BSC-Striker
2.Ian McFarland-Spartans-Centre Mid
3.Gavin Lachlan-Cumbernauld Colts-Midfield
4.Martin McBride-EK-Midfield
5.Ross Kelloch-Stirling Uni-Left Back
6.Kieran Hall-Stirling Uni-Left Winger

Cheers, good to see another left back suggested, seemed a 1 horse race for that position.

Gavin Lachlan has picked up Player of Year when at Ek and now at Cumbernauld.

McFarland won promotion whilst at Edinburgh City-very experienced player and always quality when I’ve seen him.

McBride been out injured at start of season but highly technical operator.

Both the Stirling Uni guys nominated play for the Scotland Uni select team.

Grehan very experienced and plays off the striker-very difficult to mark as excellent movement.

• 2 weeks later...

The story so far...

GOALKEEPERS

The voting for Goalkeeper is pretty tight for second and third with BSC stopper Ryan Marshall just pipping Whitehill Welfare's 18-year-old wünderkind Ross Jardine thus far, but it's Spartans' championship winning keeper Blair Carswell who's out in the lead at the moment.

5b0e51bb870fe_ScreenShot2018-05-30at08_24_26.png.11ea5b852bb5894ba9422966acf8cb67.png

Vote for your Goalkeeper of the Season

DEFENDERS

The defence quarter final is now complete and the next group will be up later this morning. The groups will be randomised again before they're posted, so here are the players who made it through to the next round in alphabetical order:

• Adam Corbett (The Spartans)
  • Jeff Fergus (Cumbernauld Colts)
  • Connor Greene (East Stirlingshire)
  • Michael Herd (The Spartans)
  • Ross McMillan (BSC Glasgow) (Poll finished with McMillan (27% )to Ciaren Chalmers (25%) although the poll now shows 26%/26% 24 hours after closing - I'm not sure why this is but I assume the vote was really tight and it's rebalanced over the time period)
  • Greg Pascazio (Cumbernauld Colts)
  • Craig Stevenson (The Spartans)
  • Blair Tolmie (The Spartans)

MIDFIELDERS

The midfielders are also getting ready for the next round with a big surge of votes for David Banjo proving to be a comeback worthy of Selkirk's season. Again, they'll be randomised before posting so here's the list in alphabetical order:

• David Banjo (Selkirk)
  • Jamie Dishington (The Spartans)
  • Kieran Gibbons (East Kilbride)
  • David Greenhill (The Spartans)
  • Sean McKirdy (Selkirk)
  • Stevie Murray (BSC Glasgow)
  • Sean Winter (East Kilbride)
  • Jack Wright (Whitehill Welfare)

FORWARDS

The forwards semi final votes are open through to about 6pm... here's how they stand at the moment:

1st Section:

5b0e53fc8cbf7_ScreenShot2018-05-30at08_33_50.thumb.png.db3529169436d524de59e90594b27da3.png

Vote on the 1st Section here.

2nd Section:

5b0e5445cc832_ScreenShot2018-05-30at08_33_59.thumb.png.afd872b9758a57a9c83228f0dfeb73b0.png

Vote on the 2nd Section here.

The plan is to get the semi finals done today for Defenders and Midfielders (probably closing first thing tomorrow morning) which will allow us to open up the final votes on Thursday and announce the inductees throughout Friday. There will be a vote for manager but that will likely go up last.

EDIT: Obviously the 'finals' are so we can get a final count on the top four players in each position (for defenders and midfielders) for the piece we'll be running alongside the Team of the Season. Strikers will be the top 2 from the final 4 and the goalkeeper/manager will be the top person in that vote. Just in case anyone was wondering.

Archived