Trophy day. Celtic v Aberdeen

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Romeo said:

Shay O'logahan has obviously pre-planned this for when the sheep got a win. It's just that he's had to wait so long.

projection.

Gutted that a pre-planned "bottle" gif has had to be put on ice.

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

Understandable that he would get wound up by it but surely he would be better rising above it rather than having a fairly blatant heads gone, lifting his hands to Lustig then beating his chest in defiance at Celtic fans who were largely not bothered about the result and laughing at him getting a red card? The only thing his reaction has served to do is to make sure he misses at least 1 game at the start of next season.

Thought Aberdeen were well deserving of their win. Defended well and took the chance when it came. Too many Celtic players looked like they couldn't care less. Armstrong looked dangerous when he came on, but other than that only Ntcham and Dembele looked like they were trying.

Thought Brown was a bit lucky at the end not to see a red also, or at least a second yellow. As above, you can see why he was pissed off but the reaction is stupid. Shinnie was lucky not to see red for the challenge on Brown but given Brown didn't pick up an injury, why even consider risking a ban for the cup final?

Was a poor challenge from Shinnie however Brown's challenge on McLean after he had already picked up a yellow could also have seen him booked again.

As Shinnie said, "what goes around comes around."

So Logan absolutely loses his head for no reason in a practically meaningless game for us yet somehow were the ones seething?

I didnt even see what happened apart from the red card. Asked some boys on the boys what happened but everyone was scratching their heads.

Anyway Well done to Aberdeen for securing second, and for joining in the zombie chants.

10 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Hardly ruined it given some of the home crowd were jokingly cheering Aberdeen on. An enjoyable day all round really

The atmosphere was disconcertingly friendly.  Some folk in the family stand were applauding at full time when we'd won.  Get that to f**k.

Shay clearly didn't like it either hence going baws oot to wind up the home fans.

37 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The atmosphere was disconcertingly friendly.  Some folk in the family stand were applauding at full time when we'd won.  Get that to f**k.

Shay clearly didn't like it either hence going baws oot to wind up the home fans.

The atmosphere was strangely friendly but I got the impression that all of the applause at the end was because it was the end of a title winning season rather than anything to do with Aberdeen. 

39 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

When the Aberdeen chant of "we hate rangers more than you" was met with applause rather than the usual booing, you know something's not right. 

About 6 or 7 away fans stayed well after the final whistle, clapping as the title celebrations began. One decked out in Aberdeen gear, scarf etc so surely not Celtic fans who could only get a ticket in away end.

Strange behaviour

10 minutes ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

About 6 or 7 away fans stayed well after the final whistle, clapping as the title celebrations began. One decked out in Aberdeen gear, scarf etc so surely not Celtic fans who only get a ticket in away end.

Strange behaviour

#Abhergrheen #Handsacrossthe9pts

6 minutes ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

About 6 or 7 away fans stayed well after the final whistle, clapping as the title celebrations began. One decked out in Aberdeen gear, scarf etc so surely not Celtic fans who only get a ticket in away end.

Strange behaviour

For all my hatred and loathing for Celtic.  Had I been there, I might have stayed for the presentation.

At the end of the day Celtic are champions this season.  I am one of those that think that opposing teams should have a guard of honour for the champions.  Players know how difficult a season is, so I think it's right that they show respect to the winners.

Congratulations to Celtic.

Yours

aDONis

P.S.  I hope you all drown in a bucket of your own shyte. :P 

45 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

When the Aberdeen chant of "we hate rangers more than you" was met with applause rather than the usual booing, you know something's not right. 

They were joining in with the zombie nation hand actions too. Tbf at that point I think everyone thought there was a chance Sevco would lose 6-0 which would've united Scottish football in sheer joy. 

15 minutes ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

Strange behaviour

I just assumed they fancied watching the fireworks and confetti. 

Archived