Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Are we still employing a 'sports scientist' at the club and if so anyone know what he's contributing?

Yes , he also takes the warm up before games and also does the training twice a week , while checking the stats on the players during matches and training with the monitors they wear
Most teams now have one , we employed one under Dick a few years ago

Yes , he also takes the warm up before games and also does the training twice a week , while checking the stats on the players during matches and training with the monitors they wear
Thanks for the info, seems he's a busy boy.

8 hours ago, speedframe said:
9 hours ago, loon74 said:

Thanks for the info, seems he's a busy boy.

Starting up front next week as well.

9 cup finals......lets quit the 'new school style' football and get back to the 'old school style' football, up and at em....pick attacking players and go for broke , no more negative bullshit!!

I would rather be relegated having a go than being forced to watch a Bollan led Cowdenbeath screw us over home and away in the playoffs. (and breathe)

2 hours ago, TheClosingArguement said:

borderline scary tactically.

He's clueless. Raith were there for the taking in the second half & we still didnt have a plan.

Malcolm out.

Interesting comment.

For the whole match Forfar stats , from BBC Sport, were as follows;

39% possession.............. 4 (four) shots........... 1 (one) shot  on target,

2 (two) corners and, 11 (Eleven) fouls.

Are you Stuart Malcolm?

Edited by Wee Sandy

Seems like quite a few have given up already with the management team , wether we are relegated or not there will be no changes (see Bollan) so we just have to hope that Malcs & Co can turn this around somehow but there is no doubt we are in freefall atm.

I said after Jim left that we needed an experienced man in, boring pick possibly but the club decided to opt for the easy-keep fans onside option and it appears to have backfired slightly.

As our defence isn't good enough we have to focus on attacking teams to have any chance of survival, hopefully we change the set up and the we we play very quickly.

I never shouted for Bollans head and i certainly won't be shouting for Malcs...leave that to the morons to the right of the home dugout.

The only good thing is that Peterhead and Stranraer lost today too. We are in a 3 team league with them.

We desperately need to find some sort of offense because right now we have no attacking threat. The only decent attacking performance of late was home to Clyde where Kirkpatrick played behind Doris whilst Leitch and Barr spent more time going forward than going back, with a complete lack of anything else I would go back to that.

As for the defence, with Travis out and Stanger a prema crock why on earth did we bring in another young striker, with I think, our last loan? Just another head scratcher in a season full of them.

Seems like quite a few have given up already with the management team , wether we are relegated or not there will be no changes (see Bollan) so we just have to hope that Malcs & Co can turn this around somehow but there is no doubt we are in freefall atm.
I said after Jim left that we needed an experienced man in, boring pick possibly but the club decided to opt for the easy-keep fans onside option and it appears to have backfired slightly.
As our defence isn't good enough we have to focus on attacking teams to have any chance of survival, hopefully we change the set up and the we we play very quickly.
I never shouted for Bollans head and i certainly won't be shouting for Malcs...leave that to the morons to the right of the home dugout.
Can you blame them? Has there been any improvement and/or signs of better things to come?

And btw this fan wasn't 'kept onside' with the appointment.

1 hour ago, speedframe said:

Can you blame them? Has there been any improvement and/or signs of better things to come?

And btw this fan wasn't 'kept onside' with the appointment.

The vast majority were delighted by the returning legends, if we stay up it will be vindicated though, as i have said before a playoff with Bollan would be a disaster.