Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

The state of this thread. Judging a player before even seeing him play for the team once.

Hope he bags a hat trick on Saturday
Im sure everyone would love to see him score a hat trick.

Problem is he's hardly a young player anymore. He's been indifferent at best everywhere he's been. We've all seen enough of bobby barr to know we've shat the bed on this deal most likely.

Of course I'd love to be proven wrong.

More likely he'll spit the dummy out when a pensioner tells him to move his arse though...

3 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

The state of this thread. Judging a player before even seeing him play for the team once.

Hope he bags a hat trick on Saturday

Are you aactually saying you have never ever seen him play....he's 31 and had more clubs than hot dinners!! 😀

Bollan will be licking his lips at the prospect of the play-offs.

Guest bernardblack
Are you aactually saying you have never ever seen him play....he's 31 and had more clubs than hot dinners!! [emoji3]
Bollan will be licking his lips at the prospect of the play-offs.

Not seen him play for the team

1 hour ago, tbsouth said:

With Forbes departing surely Coupe will become a 1st team regular in the 2nd division next season?

That what you're hearing from your end?

Anyway, I liked Bobby Barr at the Rock. He gets a tough time from fans of opposition clubs, but he was a good player for us and is a likeable wee guy. He'll give fans stick if they give it to him, but I don't see an issue with that as long it doesn't affect his game - which it didn't whilst he was at the Rock.

Surprised you've paid a fee for him mind you. 

You only have to look at Kirkpatrick to see the perils of judging anyone by reputation. We certainly need a wide player, anything else will judge him on how he actually does for Forfar.

But will the fatties be able to keep up with him ?🥟🥟[emoji513][emoji513][emoji515][emoji515]

Glad to see we're spending the Dale Hilson cash wisely! 🤦‍♂️

I always thought Bobby Barr is a decent player one that opposition fans hate, but when he's plays for your team he's alright. However, the fact he's been at ES with Eddie Malone (nothing against Eddie himself) and the  fact we've paid a "nominal fee" gives me a wee shudder.

Where is the new CM signing we're calling for, I can't bare seeing Docherty and Irvine "controlling" the middle of the park as we plummet into League 2. Mark Hill please come to us  or someone equally as good!

2 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Glad to see we're spending the Dale Hilson cash wisely! 🤦‍♂️

I always thought Bobby Barr is a decent player one that opposition fans hate, but when he's plays for your team he's alright. However, the fact he's been at ES with Eddie Malone (nothing against Eddie himself) and the  fact we've paid a "nominal fee" gives me a wee shudder.

Where is the new CM signing we're calling for, I can't bare seeing Docherty and Irvine "controlling" the middle of the park as we plummet into League 2. Mark Hill please come to us  or someone equally as good!

Wait till we start spending the Ross Forbes cash, nominal fee for Easton? 🤣