Jump to content
Port Talbot Loons

Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Recommended Posts

Looks like you are getting our young defender George Stanger on loan for the rest of the season. Currently on loan with East Kilbride. A really good prospect IMO. Spent last summer participating in the FIFA Under 18 World Cup in Poland with the New Zealand squad. Looks like he may be part of the NZ squad participating in the Tokyo Olympics.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/east-kilbride-loan-star-stanger-21189265?fbclid=IwAR3wqraESAIeDIyO4wkRZ7-1hq8nLNk504hmEJaHIiD5S2eYg9C-tufi3QQ

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

 

Looks good to me, I'd agree with most of that squad. Nice to include a substitute's bench. 

6 hours ago, Alfie Olek said:

Looks like you are getting our young defender George Stanger on loan for the rest of the season. Currently on loan with East Kilbride. A really good prospect IMO. Spent last summer participating in the FIFA Under 18 World Cup in Poland with the New Zealand squad. Looks like he may be part of the NZ squad participating in the Tokyo Olympics.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/east-kilbride-loan-star-stanger-21189265?fbclid=IwAR3wqraESAIeDIyO4wkRZ7-1hq8nLNk504hmEJaHIiD5S2eYg9C-tufi3QQ

 

No surprise Malks is looking at someone he had on loan at EK for reinforcements, hope this lad can make the step up. Would be nice to have a current U21 international in our squad.

Edited by Bridie Vision
Grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Looks like you are getting our young defender George Stanger on loan for the rest of the season. Currently on loan with East Kilbride. A really good prospect IMO. Spent last summer participating in the FIFA Under 18 World Cup in Poland with the New Zealand squad. Looks like he may be part of the NZ squad participating in the Tokyo Olympics.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/east-kilbride-loan-star-stanger-21189265?fbclid=IwAR3wqraESAIeDIyO4wkRZ7-1hq8nLNk504hmEJaHIiD5S2eYg9C-tufi3QQ
 

He’s on loan at East Kilbride not on a perm Dk how long his loan is there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31 December 2019 at 17:14, Jupiter Jazz said:

 

I more or less agree with this but would swap Denholm and Swankie around and have Coxy on the bench (instead of Andy Munro, I like Andy but not a stand out)

Just my tuppenceworth 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I more or less agree with this but would swap Denholm and Swankie around and have Coxy on the bench (instead of Andy Munro, I like Andy but not a stand out)
Just my tuppenceworth 

As much as I like Travis, he'd be a sub for me.
Dods in along side Malcs and no Munro.
Swanks on the bench is a bit bizarre too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Loonytoons said:


As much as I like Travis, he'd be a sub for me.
Dods in along side Malcs and no Munro.
Swanks on the bench is a bit bizarre too.

All a bit political for me.

Dods was clearly the best defender we have had this decade I would have said and as good as Danny Denholm was he was not at the same level of Swankie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JoseMarooniho said:


Swankie should have been in this no? How was the team picked?

Selected by the FAFC TV team I think. Swankie should've been in aye, I wouldn't have had Sellars who was outstanding for us but not so sure in the last decade. A couple of odd choices for the bench as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was down in Edinburgh on a scouting mission last week...some cracking pubs for the Edinburgh City games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I was down in Edinburgh on a scouting mission last week...some cracking pubs for the Edinburgh City games.

In what division will this happen
Maybe need too scout Wick , Fort William etc for 2 years time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, loon74 said:


In what division will this happen
Maybe need too scout Wick , Fort William etc for 2 years time

Some may think that would be a disaster....i disagree, away 'weekend' trips would become amazing again! 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a surprise Rory Currie's, Russell McLean's & Archie MacPhee's loans have not been extended! Here's a list of all their contributions:

Rory Currie: ...

Russell McLean: Scored his only goal on his debut  in a 2-1 defeat to Raith at home.

Archie MacPhee: ...

 

Excellent loan signings, not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

What a surprise Rory Currie's, Russell McLean's & Archie MacPhee's loans have not been extended! Here's a list of all their contributions:

Rory Currie: ...

Russell McLean: Scored his only goal on his debut  in a 2-1 defeat to Raith at home.

Archie MacPhee: ...

 

Excellent loan signings, not.

The next batch of loan signings had better be good...or else!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bernardblack said:

Loan signings terrify me tbh

There are worse things, like signing Brechin players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's tough to ask the question but are we now in the position of hoping a couple of (hopefully very good) loan signings will save the season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Asked this on the away day thread but may get more traction in here. Looking for a pub pre-match within walking distance of the ground which will have the football on the tele and serve food on Saturday? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Asked this on the away day thread but may get more traction in here. Looking for a pub pre-match within walking distance of the ground which will have the football on the tele and serve food on Saturday? 


The Caledonian will have the football on, unsure about food there though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

It's tough to ask the question but are we now in the position of hoping a couple of (hopefully very good) loan signings will save the season?

I believe we are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...