Port Talbot Loons

Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

100% agree that they need to admit their mistake. Although I think they may have a slight point regarding "auld fuds" the stewards are too harsh on them, and older fans should encourage the lads not berate them every Saturday. A few more mature people joining them and that should improve behaviour, in theory. Make the Loonsontour inclusive and more family friendly. 
Agree and I meant the "auld fud" part in regards to the drinking. Give them a break otherwise and encourage sensible supporter behaviour. I quite enjoy the drummer boys at away games.

Massive point tonight, gives us a chance to build this weekend and get a wee run going.

A clean sheet very welcome and probably the last ground we would have expected one.

1 hour ago, Loondave1 said:
1 hour ago, RateofKnots said:
Club need to engage the youth of forfar. 
These lads were in the wrong on this occasion, but they are at least a positive voice at games, which is not something you can say about a certain portion of the clubs support.

They need to admit to being wrong and wind in the "auld fuds spoiling our fun" patter.

When you were a teenager, how often did you admit to being wrong? How often did you think everyone was against you?

The average attendance may have hardly fallen over a decade, but the average age of attendees markedly has. Like I said, the club should engage them, make them feel included, encourage them to bring more people with them. 

The best way to educate is to engage, not reprimand. 

Spot on.....interested to know how you actually become a 'head steward', is it based loosely on how mince you are??

No it’s ginger hair and shagging dogs and a couple of homophobic shouts at the away games !
Do not agree with the kids drinking one bit either
But it’s ok for the older fans to drink on the bus last season ? One certain Ramsay ladder employee and his milnbank side kick the biggest culprits

Forfar want to sign New Zealand Under-21 international centre-back George Stanger on loan from Hamilton in January. He worked with with Stuart Malcolm at EK.

Forfar want to sign New Zealand Under-21 international centre-back George Stanger on loan from Hamilton in January. He worked with with Stuart Malcolm at EK.
Sounds good potentially.

52 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

What is this "The Athies" pish on official / Facebook reports?

Probably part of the rebranding of the organisation under the new commercial director. 

54 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

Probably part of the rebranding of the organisation under the new commercial director. 

I wondered what the commercial director was bought into to do, now I know, it's to change our nickname from Loons to Athies.

Pointless!

51 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

I wondered what the commercial director was bought into to do, now I know, it's to change our nickname from Loons to Athies.

Pointless!

Seems to be a lot going on. Hopefully the board have a vision and it succeeds

23 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

Seems to be a lot going on. Hopefully the board have a vision and it succeeds

Well I guess if it's all going on behind the scenes we won't know what they're doing just yet.

I always thought "Athies" was a newspaper only nickname as that was about the only place it was used or occasionally in the programme. I was thinking maybe "Sky Blues" could work..

3 hours ago, Loondave1 said:
8 hours ago, nofixedability said:

I always thought "Athies" was a newspaper only nickname as that was about the only place it was used or occasionally in the programme. I was thinking maybe "Sky Blues" could work..

Nae bother  “skybluedave”.

f**k the "auld c***s".  These boys are the future supporters of the Loons. Sure they will get up to no good sometimes, but their hardly running amok through the streets at away games. Shun them at our mercy! Discourage them and they don't come back.  Then what? Have the "auld c**t" shouting  GET IT UP THE PARK. Like we've had for 25 years since myself and friends were told to leave a Raith a game during the Hegarty(SPIT) era f**k that....

It's a Saturday, let them play.

f**k the "auld c***s".  These boys are the future supporters of the Loons. Sure they will get up to no good sometimes, but their hardly running amok through the streets at away games. Shun them at our mercy! Discourage them and they don't come back.  Then what? Have the "auld c**t" shouting  GET IT UP THE PARK. Like we've had for 25 years since myself and friends were told to leave a Raith a game during the Hegarty(SPIT) era f**k that....
It's a Saturday, let them play.

To be fair...they were trying to fight with the Killie fans last season before being totally chased away

2 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

To be fair...they were trying to fight with the Killie fans last season before being totally chased away

It this a call out, to help? I hope so. About time Killie boys were put in their place. It's been a while....;)

I will bring my walking stick and deal out a good hiding.. #oldyoungteam

It this a call out, to help? I hope so. About time Killie boys were put in their place. It's been a while....