Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

1 hour ago, Sheepz1885 said:

I’ve got to say the clubs PR lately hasn’t been very impressive.

Firstly calling out their own fans in a manner which makes them look bad regardless. Surely engagement before posting on Facebook would be wise. Just ends up with mud slinging between factions.

And secondly posting a player is AWOL. You’d imagine they could have contacted his parent club or certainly kept it out of a match preview. Makes them look weak - can’t control their players.

Both things for me makes them look amateur. Not really what you want when we’re in a relegation battle. I’d chuck MacPhee but wouldn’t post he’s gone AWOL.

We are McPhee’s parent club.

On 23/11/2019 at 12:06, Bridie Vision said:

I agree. Raith is a free hit, the Peterhead game though, a must win! Be interesting what signings Malks will make in January. Can't see him extending our loanees, they've all been pretty useless.

Careful, if the same Peterhead shows up that somehow lost to us 1-0, it might be us you’d pick as the gimme.

Guest bernardblack
I’ve got to say the clubs PR lately hasn’t been very impressive.

Firstly calling out their own fans in a manner which makes them look bad regardless. Surely engagement before posting on Facebook would be wise. Just ends up with mud slinging between factions.

And secondly posting a player is AWOL. You’d imagine they could have contacted his parent club or certainly kept it out of a match preview. Makes them look weak - can’t control their players.

Both things for me makes them look amateur. Not really what you want when we’re in a relegation battle. I’d chuck MacPhee but wouldn’t post he’s gone AWOL.

Where was that posted about Macphee?

No great loss tbh

Where was that posted about Macphee?

No great loss tbh

It was reported in the raith match preview alongside player injuries. Just seems a bit daft publicly rather than sorting it.

Just seems that the club isn’t help itself with its Facebook posts.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

This sounds like almost a carbon copy of the wee wanks we got down during our last season in the Championship. They made a lot of noise and were very boisterous, but they were essentially Union Bears/Green Brigade without the bus fare. We had weeks of back and forth with them on here or on Facebook, the club even invited them down for a meeting to try and clear the air and tell them what is expected of Dumbarton supporters after the toilets were "trashed" at Airdrie and there had been a few of the lads caught sneaking cans into games (among other silly behaviour). They would rip the piss out of Dumbarton fans on facebook and goad them into reactions, really strange behaviour. Their association ended after the play-offs when they were slated for lobbing drum sticks and other missiles at the Alloa team as they celebrated their equaliser - none of them have been seen again.

Last season we got a new, younger bunch (around 11-13 year old) and they are a smashing wee group of lads - supportive, respectful and very quickly bedded themselves in as part of the fanbase. I sincerely hope this group you have turns out like the latter group we've got and not the first group of c***s.

Good of the Dumbarton board having "clear the air" talks with those lads, wonder if the Forfar board have done anything similar, other than David McGregor telling them off after they got off the coach at Dumbarton. If we can encourage the lads to be passionate but respectful then it'll be good for the club and encourage a younger audience to matches.

Club need to engage the youth of forfar. 
These lads were in the wrong on this occasion, but they are at least a positive voice at games, which is not something you can say about a certain portion of the clubs support.
They need to admit to being wrong and wind in the "auld fuds spoiling our fun" patter.

15 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
34 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:
These lads were in the wrong on this occasion, but they are at least a positive voice at games, which is not something you can say about a certain portion of the clubs support.

They need to admit to being wrong and wind in the "auld fuds spoiling our fun" patter.

100% agree that they need to admit their mistake. Although I think they may have a slight point regarding "auld fuds" the stewards are too harsh on them, and older fans should encourage the lads not berate them every Saturday. A few more mature people joining them and that should improve behaviour, in theory. Make the Loonsontour inclusive and more family friendly. 

100% agree that they need to admit their mistake. Although I think they may have a slight point regarding "auld fuds" the stewards are too harsh on them, and older fans should encourage the lads not berate them every Saturday. A few more mature people joining them and that should improve behaviour, in theory. Make the Loonsontour inclusive and more family friendly. 
Agree and I meant the "auld fud" part in regards to the drinking. Give them a break otherwise and encourage sensible supporter behaviour. I quite enjoy the drummer boys at away games.

1 hour ago, Loondave1 said:
1 hour ago, RateofKnots said:

When you were a teenager, how often did you admit to being wrong? How often did you think everyone was against you?

The average attendance may have hardly fallen over a decade, but the average age of attendees markedly has. Like I said, the club should engage them, make them feel included, encourage them to bring more people with them. 

The best way to educate is to engage, not reprimand. 

Spot on.....interested to know how you actually become a 'head steward', is it based loosely on how mince you are?? [emoji3]

No it’s ginger hair and shagging dogs and a couple of homophobic shouts at the away games !
Do not agree with the kids drinking one bit either
But it’s ok for the older fans to drink on the bus last season ? One certain Ramsay ladder employee and his milnbank side kick the biggest culprits