Port Talbot Loons

Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

What does Jim weir do for a job? Last I heard he was a window salesman a few years back.

8 hours ago, iamnotgarybollan said:

Going by the Facebook post, you must want Smith surely because the ship has sailed on certain managers?

Nobody wants Smith .

Peter Houston is the man. 🙂

29 minutes ago, iamnotgarybollan said:

Sorry I meant you must won’t Smith.

Please don’t come on here and slate my grammar or I will get my daughter to go over the top

🤣 I just hope the next manager hates Welsh people.

I've got a different theory that Weir told the Board he wasn't going to be able to continue but would in the short term. They looked at Irvine / Sellars and didn't see them as able to be manager so brought in Smith while Weir 'worked his notice'.
No evidence for above just my guesswork.

I’d go along with that too. Far too convenient, the amount of changes in such a short period ahead of his “surprise” resignation.

9 hours ago, dee_62 said:

I’d go along with that too. Far too convenient, the amount of changes in such a short period ahead of his “surprise” resignation.

High level board meeting to discuss the strategy for appointing a new manager. 

"Right lads , how many days do we give it before we announce Smithy?"

This result and overall performance proved that the new management team whoever they may be and the Forfar Directors hope to make an appointment in the next 24 hours will have a big task on their hands to lift the morale and the matchday mentality of the squad.

It is probably a blessing in disguise that we have no competitive game next weekend and therefore the new man at the helm will get a handful of training sessions to hopefully get his side in better shape prior to the Scottish tie at Dumbarton on the 23rd of the month.

From the Club's website

On 05/11/2019 at 12:37, dee_62 said:

It seems clear that Weir was persuaded to leave because he sacked Sellars

2 hours ago, forfarfred said:

It seems clear that Weir was persuaded to leave because he sacked Sellars

Sacking Sellars & hiring Smith was the point he lost the dressing room I reckon, especially since Barry Smith relegated half our squad last season, and they wanted to get away from him!

Sacking Sellars & hiring Smith was the point he lost the dressing room I reckon, especially since Barry Smith relegated half our squad last season, and they wanted to get away from him!
What sort of contract did Barry Smith sign with you lot? Am guessing he is away to get a whack of money for a few weeks work?

Oh for Brad Spencer.....no sign of Matty Aiken??
Matty's loan spell is supposed to end early January according to transfermkt.