Port Talbot Loons

Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Aye but we have dwarves up front so relatively speaking "giants".
Think Forbes will do ok but the whole unit is misfiring at the moment. Enjoyed visiting the new ground despite the result though.

Aye the centre midfield pairing of Gomis and Telfer he was playing against are giants right enough. I thought Tapping was appalling on Saturday. Couldn’t get near either player then was poor in possession of the ball. I expected more from Forbes as well, how has he been all season? He’s definitely someone who can make a difference. 

We've yet to see the best of Kirkpatrick, Tapping or even Forbes. We need to stick with these guys  though, not have them in and out the side.

Good to hear Jackson is okay but, if they're going by the guidelines on concussion, he'll not be available for the RR game on Saturday.

Good to hear Jackson is okay but, if they're going by the guidelines on concussion, he'll not be available for the RR game on Saturday.

Stick some smelling salts up his nose, tell him he’s Pelé and get him on the pitch.

Archie MacPhee signed on loan from Formartine until January, hope he's a striker.

Scored 26 goals last season. According to Formartine website.

26 minutes ago, Willy_P said:

Scored 26 goals last season. According to Formartine website.

Be interesting to see how he does when he comes off the bench.

Archie MacPhee signed on loan from Formartine until January, hope he's a striker.

Originally a left back but can play further forward on the left side and up front as well. Did well with Elgin before.

Regarding the posts on the steward (RoboCop) and the drummer boys on Saturdays match thread -
The players seem to really appreciate the lads efforts, so would it be a good idea if the club got involved?
Bring (some of) them in and let them meet players, JW or Barry S. At the same time the club could put forward some guidelines regarding behaviour. Nothing too serious or heavy.
I was told by one of the stewards at Stranraer that they have taken their drummer lads under their wing. They even bought the drum!
For me, I've been to games where they've made a difference to the atmosphere. Killy last season being a prime example.

Regarding the posts on the steward (RoboCop) and the drummer boys on Saturdays match thread -
The players seem to really appreciate the lads efforts, so would it be a good idea if the club got involved?
Bring (some of) them in and let them meet players, JW or Barry S. At the same time the club could put forward some guidelines regarding behaviour. Nothing too serious or heavy.
I was told by one of the stewards at Stranraer that they have taken their drummer lads under their wing. They even bought the drum!
For me, I've been to games where they've made a difference to the atmosphere. Killy last season being a prime example.

After several meetings with the directors nothing has changed , the boys had attended a meeting a while ago but still nothing has changed with the stewards , you could tell how quiet they were on Saturday , 4 police and a total knob of a steward made sure they were quiet

After several meetings with the directors nothing has changed , the boys had attended a meeting a while ago but still nothing has changed with the stewards , you could tell how quiet they were on Saturday , 4 police and a total knob of a steward made sure they were quiet
Good to hear the club has already engaged with the loons, good on them.
It would be a real shame if their enthusiasm gets trodden on due to the stewarding. Might need bringing up at the AGM.

13 minutes ago, Kwaka Mal said:

Might need bringing up at the AGM.

Would seem a reasonable point to raise, especially as the players do seem to appreciate their input.

Would seem a reasonable point to raise, especially as the players do seem to appreciate their input.

Totally agree , the players I have spoke too and the management , all are in favour of the young loons .

Totally agree , the players I have spoke too and the management , all are in favour of the young loons .
Most of the fans seem to like their involvement too.
So how come one steward is bolloxing the job???