Port Talbot Loons

Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Tapps oan. Wheels aff for a daft Montrose penalty. A referee that seemed to upset Montrose fans, and a touchline sending off. Two for Travis and two penalties for Hilson. The game was as weird as today's weather.

Good to see Tapping and he had some fine touches and passes and a cracking shot off the post. Kirkpatrick didn't get enough of the ball in the first half for me but Docherty continues to impress with his marshalling of the team and total commitment. Hilson OK  today but maybe a bit sluggish - his holding the ball up is still great to watch. Coupe did well, replaced by Forbes. Ah, Ross Forbes. Top player. Meechan on for Bain who surely keeps this position. Robertson still finding his way but like Burns will probably hit form, hopefully quite soon.

Forbes' left foot is absolutely lethal, him cutting in off the right and Kirkpatrick in off the left is gonna be fun.

Docherty just doesn't stop talking does he?

Forbes' left foot is absolutely lethal, him cutting in off the right and Kirkpatrick in off the left is gonna be fun.

Docherty just doesn't stop talking does he?

I love how much he talks through a game, never shuts up!

Our squad looks in really good shape this season. Keeper and the back four pick themselves and then Forbes, Kirkpatrick, Hilson, Jackson, Coupe and Aitken to pick from up top.

Edit to add I would start Irvine and Tapping in the middle of the park.

I’m sure some people may know, but for those who don’t there is a new Fantasy football Scotland app, I will leave the link to the app on Apple devices below, on Android just type in Fantasy football Scotland and it should pop up

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/fantasy-football-scotland/id1469063365

I have created a league for all Pie and Bovril users if anyone wants to join, we already have around 30 people in the league just from the initial thread so hopefully we can get more, the code to join the league is

PRANJXBW

Hopefully we can get a good amount of people in :)

Anyone head north last night?

What is wrong with Hilson?

Last night was a free hit and we never took it.  All guns for Saturday, nothing to lose now.

Anyone head north last night?

What is wrong with Hilson?

Last night was a free hit and we never took it.  All guns for Saturday, nothing to lose now.

Hilson was suspended.

Team played really well. But denied a couple of obvious fouls around the box.

We were really missing Hilsons work rate upfront. Muzza also picked up a knock.

Tapping likes to slide in to 50/50’s regularly not winning them.

Thanks bud, Yep we maybe crying out for a threat with Hilson out,  no disrespect,  Jackson has yto up his game. 

Edited by SlipperyP

What a performance and what a result that was the day!
Pass marks for every single player, thought the back four performed very resolute, Tapping was very good today, Hilson ran himself into the ground as usual, if only he could make that killer pass he’d be unplayable!
Ross Forbes left foot is gifted.

Jackson impressed me today, chased down a a fair bit more than normal & drew in countless fouls.

Thrilled to go through to the next round!

A great result and totally deserved. In fact could have been 3 or 4. Saints were shaky from the start and never recovered from the early goal. Hilson, superb the whole game, found Forbes who crossed low for Tapping to tuck into the net. The threat that Kilpatrick and Forbes have lurking wide is going to pose problems for defences this season. Maybe unfair to single some players out as this was a great team performance, but Travis was excellent with great tackles and holding the defensive line. Meechan, Hilson and Kirkpatrick all put in a great shift. And Forbes, ah Ross Forbes. What a strike for the second. Special mention to Kirkpatrick for running a couple of defenders ragged. I could watch him run all day and it looks like he could run all day. Great stuff. Well done, lads.

Who do we fancy on next round? Anything but away to Ross County or Livingston for me. 

Another diddy team like Dundee or united at home would be nice
Can't get either! Utd oot and Dundee would be unseeded if they get through.

We can get, Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Killie, Hibs, Motherwell, Livi or Ross County.

Don't think we've played Hibs since the 60s and I can see Easter Road from my work so they'd be ideal.

I've never seen us play Celtic, plus that'd be a big crowd.

Failing those two I've never been to Motherwell so would take that.

Guaranteed Livi or County away now!

Draw after the Dundee - Inverness game tomorrow from 2:30 on BT Sport 1.
Bring on the Celtic

Ugly sisters can gtf.
Like the sound of Hibs though.
Could handle a beer or three in Leith

BBC sport seems to be saying £40k for getting through the group stage. Nice if true. Can anyone confirm?

1 minute ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Home to Livi, pretty much the worst draw we could get

Away would have been worse.

Away would have been worse.
Definitely. Thinking about it, this is probably our best chance of progressing. Just Livingston are Livingston.