Port Talbot Loons

Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Burns has big shoes to fill, maybe we are all expecting a bit too much, early days though.

Not sure if wide right is Forbes position, i would rather see him in beside Irvine-Muzza or Docherty

Tapping or Kirkpatrick wide with Coupe(definite starter) on the other.

I can see Hilson playing in the Baird role if Jackson starts.

Would have liked another Centre half and a Striker but that doesn't look likely now.

The XI that started last week is our strongest line up.

Tapping out wide, eh!? The madness has started early.

20 hours ago, tbsouth said:

Burns has big shoes to fill, maybe we are all expecting a bit too much, early days though.

Not sure if wide right is Forbes position, i would rather see him in beside Irvine-Muzza or Docherty

Tapping or Kirkpatrick wide with Coupe(definite starter) on the other.

I can see Hilson playing in the Baird role if Jackson starts.

Would have liked another Centre half and a Striker but that doesn't look likely now.

Forbes is a million times better wide on the right than he is in the middle imo. Games pass him by and his lack of pace is exposed in the middle, out wide he can rip it out of full-backs, cut inside and shoot and has more time to ping balls about. His delivery is obviously different class as well.

I miss him already 😭

Forbes is a million times better wide on the right than he is in the middle imo. Games pass him by and his lack of pace is exposed in the middle, out wide he can rip it out of full-backs, cut inside and shoot and has more time to ping balls about. His delivery is obviously different class as well.
I miss him already 

Really excited to see him play this season.

3 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I miss him already 😭

Oh no doubt he has looked dangerous at times but chasing back is not his thing. May take us a while to find the best starting 11.

Thought that was a really strong performance today against a fairly poor Brechin side. Travis header from a Kirkpatrick corner opened the scoring. Couldn't believe the space that Kirkpatrick had to exploit on the left. He had an outstanding game and his goal from a free kick was a cracker. Docherty continues to impress and Forbes can fairly pass the ball. Some good play saw Hilson feed Jackson who headed in. Coupe came on for Forbes and ran Brechin ragged. Swapped sides with Kirkpatrick and Brechin defence couldn't get to grips with either. Aitken on for Jackson. 

No point getting too excited though as Brechin are clearly struggling, but things are looking good. Thought Knox had a really good game for Brechin and he was unlucky not to score, his run and shot coming back off the post.

12 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Thought that was a really strong performance today against a fairly poor Brechin side. Travis header from a Kirkpatrick corner opened the scoring. Couldn't believe the space that Kirkpatrick had to exploit on the left. He had an outstanding game and his goal from a free kick was a cracker. Docherty continues to impress and Forbes can fairly pass the ball. Some good play saw Hilson feed Jackson who headed in. Coupe came on for Forbes and ran Brechin ragged. Swapped sides with Kirkpatrick and Brechin defence couldn't get to grips with either. Aitken on for Jackson. 

No point getting too excited though as Brechin are clearly struggling, but things are looking good. Thought Knox had a really good game for Brechin and he was unlucky not to score, his run and shot coming back off the post.

I think you are being VERY kind saying a fairly poor Brechin side and I think you are maybe looking too much into Forfar's  performances they were against a 44 year old man and a bunch of laddie's that were playing together for the first time.

Some little signs that maybe we can put a side together that may survive this season:pray:, as for Forfar they are a really decent side with a bit of depth in their pool of players but I would think you will have much sterner tests this year !!

52 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Some little signs that maybe we can put a side together that may survive this season:pray:, as for Forfar they are a really decent side with a bit of depth in their pool of players but I would think you will have much sterner tests this year !!

Cheers! Hope your team can pull together and do well. We will definitely have tougher games but we have the shape of a good team.

Highlighths of the cup game are now up on Hedge TV, I won't post the link as the Brechin poster Angus thinks I've targeted their team this season....

7 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Highlighths of the cup game are now up on Hedge TV, I won't post the link as the Brechin poster Angus thinks I've targeted their team this season....

I had to stop watching, slipping the club badge over every edit break is fucking annoying.

Mark Docherty impressed me on Saturday would like to see him and tapping in the midfield on Saturday.

He had a good game. He does love to try that wee clip over the top once too often though.