Port Talbot Loons

Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

So happy with that signing
I'm getting confused though. With all these hotshot players how come Brechin were honking all season ?

Just now, Loondave1 said:
1 hour ago, bernardblack said:

I'm getting confused though. With all these hotshot players how come Brechin were honking all season ?

We've only signed three out of a squad of what 19/20 and Tapping was a major loss for them when out injured.

We've only signed three out of a squad of what 19/20 and Tapping was a major loss for them when out injured.
Fair enough. Hopefully we are replacing quality with quality.

How highly did you rate Brad Spencer?

Very good player, confident on the ball & gets stuck in when required.
Would have loved to have kept him on, think he would have fitted in nicely with our new signings.

What's his best position. 

Reverse cowgirl

Robertson started well for us and tailed off badly. Think his experience would have been useful in League 2 given our current player shortage but find it a weird one for Forfar. Four players signed from a relegated team?

Guessing that means neither Spencer nor Irvine coming back. Robertson, Bain and McIntosh as the water carriers for the likes of Forbes, Kirkpatrick and Tapping looks a fairly decent midfield selection on paper.

Still need a striker, centre half and back up goalkeeper but overall think we are very well placed for the new season. Given we have lost Baird, Easton, Reilly, Eckersley, Irvine and Spencer that is some amount of work the Board and manager have done in a relatively short space of time.

Edited by nofixedability

On 6/3/2019 at 20:05, Loondave1 said:
On 6/3/2019 at 18:58, bernardblack said:

You'll probably find out that they're not so hot shot anymore

Barry Smith.

5 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

Robertson started well for us and tailed off badly. Think his experience would have been useful in League 2 given our current player shortage but find it a weird one for Forfar. Four players signed from a relegated team?

I find it a little concerning that we've signed four Brechin players. That said I think they're all good and maybe just carried along In Brechin's unfortunate tailspin.

1 minute ago, theSilverFox said:

I find it a little concerning that we've signed four Brechin players. That said I think they're all good and maybe just carried along In Brechin's unfortunate tailspin.

Yea they all done well for us :thumsup2