Port Talbot Loons

Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Heard Baird is leaving to go stay and coach in Australia 
Lovely fella and I wish him all the best in his new adventure 
Guy has helped me get my foot im the door and for that I totally appreciate him for it
Maybe only in a Loons shirt for a season but what a season ! Good luck to him in his new adventure.

Isn't foxy in some coaching role at Montrose?
That's right. Coach with Dillon and R Campbell and he seems to be really enjoying it under SP. Great guy to have around the club. Did wonder if he could be swayed by a Loons approach but I remember he thought the appointment of Weir was negative for the club so assume he isn't a fan of JW.

1 hour ago, Willy_P said:

With Baird gone, I would love to see sellars promoted to assistant manager and Foxy brought in as coach.

Zero chance of that happening, don't you remember the Foxy tweet at the time?

19 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Zero chance of that happening, don't you remember the Foxy tweet at the time?

Remember it well and although at the time I perhaps agreed with it I thought Foxy was out of line. I'm happy to say we were wrong about JW.

Remember it well and although at the time I perhaps agreed with it I thought Foxy was out of line. I'm happy to say we were wrong about JW.
Foxy and JW have history from the St Johnstone days.

Amazing the difference in reactions between the FAFC FB posts about Baird's departure and the Lowland league departures.

2 good signings there. No sure about Docherty but always been a big fan of Kirkpatrick

Kirkpatrick will be a very good signing particularly with Easton and Reilly disappearing. As for Sparky, he somewhat split opinion with us, I was never a big fan particularly in our second half of the season but he's played at a good level before so there's definitely a player there. For whatever reason he went from a left back to a central midfielder with us, so no idea where he'll end up playing at you. 

Kirkpatrick will be a very good signing particularly with Easton and Reilly disappearing. As for Sparky, he somewhat split opinion with us, I was never a big fan particularly in our second half of the season but he's played at a good level before so there's definitely a player there. For whatever reason he went from a left back to a central midfielder with us, so no idea where he'll end up playing at you. 
Docherty was always a far better central midfielder than left back when he was with us, I believe it was the same when he was at Alloa.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
1 hour ago, Big Fifer said:

Docherty was always a far better central midfielder than left back when he was with us, I believe it was the same when he was at Alloa.

I would agree, always felt he got caught out quite a bit at left back, but a really good player both on the pitch and great for the dressing room.

8 minutes ago, Recsnotindodrill said:

I would agree, always felt he got caught out quite a bit at left back, but a really good player both on the pitch and great for the dressing room.

With Eckersley in the side cannot believe Docherty will be playing too much at left back.

Docherty has got slower and is quite injury prone, I would have liked him to stay but not too fussed that's he's away either!!!
Good luck to him though and don't let him near your penalties!!!

With Eckersley in the side cannot believe Docherty will be playing too much at left back.

Is that the StMirren Loanee Eckersley who won't be playing with you next season???

2 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Is that the StMirren Loanee Eckersley who won't be playing with you next season???

The one that's signed a pre-contract for us for season 2019-20? The very one. Nice try KK.

The one that's signed a pre-contract for us for season 2019-20? The very one. Nice try KK.

Good for you, I suggest one of you informs Ross Forbes so that the Transfer Thread can be kept up to date and people would know these things!!!

8 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Good for you, I suggest one of you informs Ross Forbes so that the Transfer Thread can be kept up to date and people would know these things!!!

The one entitled Summer 19?

But why? Said deal was announced in March?

Don't know much about Docherty but Kirkpatrick should bring a bit of energy to the side. The merry-go-round of players at this level is sometimes absolutely staggering.

3 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

The one entitled Summer 19?

But why? Said deal was announced in March?

As the deal covers next season!!!

Really don't care that much about your comings and goings but it does say that he left at the end of the season!!!

Great signing in kirkpatrick, one of the best part timers in that position, shocked at it being a 2 year deal to sparky though, should really be the other way round.