Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

I don't blame anyone for accepting more money as I don't know their personal circumstances. Whether Kelty is a long term proposition or not remains to be seen. History suggests it's not. Shame if Reilly leaves as he has more to offer in the long term to the team than Dylan.

If we lose Reilly & Easton it’ll be a nightmare, but I wouldn’t be surprised they are gonna get more money & actually be appreciated!
Fair play to the last wanting to get more money for themselves, Kelty is closer to home to travel as well, slight lack of ambition but fair play.

10 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

If we lose Reilly & Easton it’ll be a nightmare, but I wouldn’t be surprised they are gonna get more money & actually be appreciated!
Fair play to the last wanting to get more money for themselves, Kelty is closer to home to travel as well, slight lack of ambition but fair play.

Calls possibly playing in the Lowland league to playing in the Championship a "slight lack of ambition"...:lol:

Gretna all over
Aye. What kind of car has the Kelty chairman got ? Driving it was always part of the bonus plans at Raydale if I remember. Wee James Grady driving a Bentley or a Roller for half an hour or some such nonsense. Gretna rides again..

32 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
17 hours ago, tbsouth said:
Gretna all over

Aye. What kind of car has the Kelty chairman got ? Driving it was always part of the bonus plans at Raydale if I remember. Wee James Grady driving a Bentley or a Roller for half an hour or some such nonsense. Gretna rides again..

You guys are getting good at adding arms & legs on this thread! FYI he has a giant mobile conservatory that he's giving to the squad on a weekly rota :thumsup2

Edited by leomessi1984

Guest bernardblack

Both will be huge losses to the team.

Unbelievably some fans will probably be glad to see Easton go which is insane. He was superb again on Saturday

16 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

F
air play to the last wanting to get more money for themselves, Kelty is closer to home to travel as well, slight lack of ambition but fair play.

Thomas, if you're reading this, come to Dumbarton and I'll literally write lovely things about you in the local paper every week.

Promise x

1 hour ago, bernardblack said:

Both will be huge losses to the team.

Unbelievably some fans will probably be glad to see Easton go which is insane. He was superb again on Saturday

Obviously on the wind up again .... :lol:  :thumsup2

2 hours ago, Loondave1 said:
19 hours ago, tbsouth said:
Gretna all over

Given the amount of wages speculated I would assume a getaway car.

On the verge of best league finish in years and this is our thread? Like both players and would like them to stay but anyone that has followed Easton’s career can’t be surprised.

This happens every close season at most clubs and I trust Weir to bring in good replacements if needed. Whichever league we are in we already have a real good nucleus of a team signed up. In my mind really want Meechan and Spencer signed if we can.

btw Jamie Bain has scored more goals than Reilly and has more assists than Easton this season - they would not be irreplaceable imo.

3 hours ago, nofixedability said:

On the verge of best league finish in years and this is our thread? Like both players and would like them to stay but anyone that has followed Easton’s career can’t be surprised.

This happens every close season at most clubs and I trust Weir to bring in good replacements if needed. Whichever league we are in we already have a real good nucleus of a team signed up. In my mind really want Meechan and Spencer signed if we can.

btw Jamie Bain has scored more goals than Reilly and has more assists than Easton this season - they would not be irreplaceable imo.

It's definitely a worthy talking point when two players of exceptional ability are the subject of rumours of a move to a lower league. 

I'm with you as to JW's ability to bring in excellent replacements. He'll no doubt also have a few ideas to add to the nucleus. 

Guest bernardblack

Have I read correctly that our playoff against Raith is either a Tuesday or a Wednesday depending on who finished 2nd or 3rd?