Jump to content
Port Talbot Loons

Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Recommended Posts

Forfar Athletic are the best team I've seen this season. Very good all over the park. John Baird and Dale Hilson have real chemistry in attack, Thomas Reilly is so classy on the ball and Dylan Easton can be really exciting. He destroyed Alan Reid yesterday.
I fancy you to win promotion - and I hope you manage it!
Last few games made me think it was maybe a stretch for us to reach the Championship but yesterday we looked like we could be a match for anybody. Game on I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Loondave1 said:
3 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:
Forfar Athletic are the best team I've seen this season. Very good all over the park. John Baird and Dale Hilson have real chemistry in attack, Thomas Reilly is so classy on the ball and Dylan Easton can be really exciting. He destroyed Alan Reid yesterday.
I fancy you to win promotion - and I hope you manage it!

Last few games made me think it was maybe a stretch for us to reach the Championship but yesterday we looked like we could be a match for anybody. Game on I think.

Raith will up their game in the Play-offs but all the pressure will be on them......Partick-Falkirk-Alloa.....all 3 will hold no fear for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Forfar Athletic are the best team I've seen this season. Very good all over the park. John Baird and Dale Hilson have real chemistry in attack, Thomas Reilly is so classy on the ball and Dylan Easton can be really exciting. He destroyed Alan Reid yesterday.

I fancy you to win promotion - and I hope you manage it!

sex tonight? thank you franco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

sex tonight? thank you franco

Ross Meechan is one of my all-time favourite Stenhousemuir FC players and I wish nothing but the best for him. Back-to-back promotions is nothing less than he deserves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ross Meechan is one of my all-time favourite Stenhousemuir FC players and I wish nothing but the best for him. Back-to-back promotions is nothing less than he deserves.



All we need to do now is tie up his contract for next season!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raith are pish.....don't blow it in the away leg and we should take care of them at home (providing we win the next 2)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raith are pish.....don't blow it in the away leg and we should take care of them at home (providing we win the next 2)
Hey ! Steady on !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unsure how I’d want the ties to play out. Currently we’d be home for the second leg and I’m starting to think that would be worse for us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Unsure how I’d want the ties to play out. Currently we’d be home for the second leg and I’m starting to think that would be worse for us

Only if we were 5-0 down from the 1st leg you mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just noticed that Thomas Reilly is in the SPFL Team of the Week. Not surprised, as he was outstanding. Should give him and the team a bit of a boost for Saturday. Barring injuries, I hope JW can start with the same team as last week. That was a terrific performance against Stenny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And huge congratulations to Dale Hilson who is shortlisted for PFA League One Player of the Year. Shaping up to be a bloody good season, all things considered!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

And huge congratulations to Dale Hilson who is shortlisted for PFA League One Player of the Year. Shaping up to be a bloody good season, all things considered!

If it was decided on work ethic alone Dale would win hands down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

If it was decided on work ethic alone Dale would win hands down.

Voted by other players and can certainly understand opposition defenders voting for Dale. Even when other parts of his game are not ‘on’ he never gives them an easy time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can dale be shortlisted for league one player of the year but come 3rd in the clubs player of the year???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Loon Army said:

How can dale be shortlisted for league one player of the year but come 3rd in the clubs player of the year???

Because by and large Forfar fans don’t know very much about football.

McCallum has had a decent season but has had some real clangers too and while he more than deserved the award last season does not this. But he’s local.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Because by and large Forfar fans don’t know very much about football.
McCallum has had a decent season but has had some real clangers too and while he more than deserved the award last season does not this. But he’s local.

The look on McCallum's face said it all. He looked a tad embarrassed tbh.
He had a decent season this year but nothing near how he played last season, thankfully it wasn't the other way round!

Hilson was clearly our best and most influential player this season. Scored goals, worked his socks off, fantastic target man especially given his height, when he was poor football-wise he didn't hide and made up for it by just being an absolute pain for the defence. Oh aye and not injury prone either .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can tell how good a season it’s been with how many players could have won POTY.

For me it was a Ross Meechan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of 'rumours' on the Kelty page, club statement says they have 6 signed up for next season.

"6 pre contracts - one being confirmed as Danny Ashe

Potentially all of the below mentioned:

Dylan Easton, Thomas Reilly, Scott Linton, Joe Cardle"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Lots of 'rumours' on the Kelty page, club statement says they have 6 signed up for next season.

"6 pre contracts - one being confirmed as Danny Ashe

Potentially all of the below mentioned:

Dylan Easton, Thomas Reilly, Scott Linton, Joe Cardle"

I wouldn't worry about that, one mad Cowdenbeath supporter claimed Kelty were paying Easton £300 then ten minutes later claimed it was nearer £500:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...