Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

I've no problem with Denholm coming back.  He's a fine player with plenty to offer any team. Clearly it'll depend on him being available and wanting to come back as well as him fitting into the style of play and shape that JW is trying to build. Will be interesting to see just how things work out for next season. But let's get this season settled first. A strong performance and convincing win at Stenhousemuir will do for starters.

On 16 April 2019 at 14:53, Loondave1 said:
On 16 April 2019 at 09:08, Willy_P said:
If Denholm is to leave Arbroath in the summer , should we take him back or not.

No. Twice is enough. Might be a bit petty of me but not keen on "defectors" returning from Gayfield.

Not for me either, we were good to him giving him his chance in senior football and didn't stand in his way when full time football became possible. When it went pear shaped we took him back. He then signed for our rivals. 

I remember at the Jim Weir introductory evening the question was posed by the grandfather of a young fan who hero worshipped Denholm as to whether we may try to get him back. JW's response was "I think we can do a bit better than Danny Denholm". I couldn't agree more.

I have my doubts but let's say we get promoted. Is DD that Arbroath deem superfluous to their forthcoming sojourn into the Championship and was an integral part of our title bottling team of 2017 really the way forward ?

56 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

I have my doubts but let's say we get promoted. Is DD that Arbroath deem superfluous to their forthcoming sojourn into the Championship and was an integral part of our title bottling team of 2017 really the way forward ?

Having watched Danny at Gayfield a number of times this season it is clear that his best days are long past. The "Forfar Danny Denholm" only exists in past memories.

1 hour ago, Kwaka Mal said:

So Matty signs an extension for next season. Now all he needs is an injury free run in the team.
Of the lads on the books who hasn't signed yet?
Eddie, Dylan?

When Murray was announced they said it was  nine, so I guess 10 now.

Baird

Hilson

Whyte

Eckersley

McIntosh

Aitken

Don’t know the other 4.

McCallum, Bain and Travis are on two-year deals so are contracted until 2020.

Coupe also signed new deal, which means 10 players are contracted for 2019-20.

As it stands, only Meechan, Easton, Reilly, Spence, Irvine and Malone are out-of-contract come end of season.

1 minute ago, subber said:

McCallum, Bain and Travis are on two-year deals so are contracted until 2020.

Coupe also signed new deal, which means 10 players are contracted for 2019-20.

As it stands, only Meechan, Easton, Reilly, Spence, Irvine and Malone are out-of-contract come end of season.

Sad to see Eddie go but he needs to play at this stage of his career

I suppose traveling will be an issue regarding the others mentioned, if a club closer to home comes calling then who knows....who knows what league we will be in??

JW needs to be trying to get Meechan and Spence tied up to new deals. As much as I'd like to see Easton and Reilly stay I think they are all but gone, I've heard Easton is definitely away and Reilly is still considering the rumoured move.