Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Travis and Whyte have been good, particularly since the Killie game but first half of season were culpable in some terrible central defensive displays for my liking. Baird for his goals deserves mention but I don’t think his overall play and contribution is enough. 

Still 7 , hopefully 11 games to go, maybe someone will excel over next couple of months to make it even harder.
The Killie game was one of the best away games I've been to. Yes we lost but fought for the 90 mins and the Loons (drummer boys) really added to the atmosphere.
A turning point in the season.

9 hours ago, Kwaka Mal said:

The Killie game was one of the best away games I've been to. Yes we lost but fought for the 90 mins and the Loons (drummer boys) really added to the atmosphere.
A turning point in the season.

The turning point in the season for me was Stenny away. That's when we changed to the 4-2-3-1 with Baird as the #10 and Whyte was brought back in at centre half. We were struggling up to that point and have been fantastic since.

When Bollan left we were all relieved, he was simply not the right fit for us (although I had a few pleasant chats with him during his tenure and bumped into him recently at the Raith game and have to admit I like the guy on a personal level).

So we appointed Jim Weir, at the time not my choice. I went to the meeting with him and the fans and listened to him and liked what I heard, particularly the longer term plan of four signing windows to build his team. It looks like he's done it in three as we now have a squad with quality in the goal, the defence, midfield, up front and on the bench. We even play a lot of very attractive football and the current eight home wins on the bounce is very pleasing. Hats off to James Weir, any doubts I had about his appointment are gone. Personally I rate him above Dick, who I loved and still admire, and maybe he'll be up there with Archie Knox, Alex Rae and Doug Houston at some point.

Who would have thought with 5 games to go we would be in contention for a play off at the better half of the table after the shambolic start of the season we suffered.

Jim Weir deserves a huge amount of credit for the job he has done since coming in & steadying the ship.
The rot set in after the playoff at Alloa 2nd leg. Ok we got off to a flyer with GB before squeaking a playoff victory run but I always felt we never fully recovered from that until Jim Weirs arrival.

Bollan will always be one of the worst decisions ever made at the club.

JW wasn't anyone's cup of tea, but what he has done in the last 6 months has been incredible, a playoff spot whether we are 2nd 3rd or 4th will be brilliant, a playoff final would be a bonus in my eyes.

The feel good factor within the club is slowly creeping back in, the chairman and manager and players must take the credit.

4 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:

How has Lewis Moore been looking for you guys? Do you reckon he'll be able to step back up?

In and out of the side, had a few assists and a few goals, leave him here for another season i'd say.

When Bollan left we were all relieved, he was simply not the right fit for us (although I had a few pleasant chats with him during his tenure and bumped into him recently at the Raith game and have to admit I like the guy on a personal level).
So we appointed Jim Weir, at the time not my choice. I went to the meeting with him and the fans and listened to him and liked what I heard, particularly the longer term plan of four signing windows to build his team. It looks like he's done it in three as we now have a squad with quality in the goal, the defence, midfield, up front and on the bench. We even play a lot of very attractive football and the current eight home wins on the bounce is very pleasing. Hats off to James Weir, any doubts I had about his appointment are gone. Personally I rate him above Dick, who I loved and still admire, and maybe he'll be up there with Archie Knox, Alex Rae and Doug Houston at some point.

Spoke with Gary, on the open night, pre season, and got totally blanked!