Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Hanratty shite?

There was high hopes for him a couple of years ago but looks like he's not going to cut it.

Not shite but believe he may have had a bit of an attitude problem at Forfar that did not especially endear him to other players / management from what I heard. 

29 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Not shite but believe he may have had a bit of an attitude problem at Forfar that did not especially endear him to other players / management from what I heard. 

You wonder what goes through these laddies heids sometimes? I know playing for us isn't glamorous but it's an opportunity for him to go and show what he can do and get a great bit of experience, even if he wasn't playing in a great side. He only had to look at Jack MacKenzie for an example of what a loan spell can bring.

30 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

I certainly wouldn’t bet on it ( but he might!).

That's what makes me think it's nonsense, we surely wouldn't be throwing money at somebody who is potentially looking at a lengthy ban? He's also signed a long term deal at Elgin so they'd be wanting some decent cash for him too

5 hours ago, RateofKnots said:

Hanratty away back to Aberdeen. I suspect more of Irvines loanees will being going back to parent clubs ASAP.

All of them other than Hanratty and possibly Ferguson (depending on which club was right with the length in their announcement) were due to finish this month anyway.

On 01/01/2023 at 20:37, RateofKnots said:

Hanratty away back to Aberdeen. I suspect more of Irvines loanees will being going back to parent clubs ASAP.

At present I think the only one that should be kept is Dailly. The gaffers post match interview confirming Darren Whyte has a hamstring tear, so need him. The rest can head back and I’d be happy for Hussain to leave too. Doesn’t look up to it

4 hours ago, Loon81 said:

At present I think the only one that should be kept is Dailly. The gaffers post match interview confirming Darren Whyte has a hamstring tear, so need him. The rest can head back and I’d be happy for Hussain to leave too. Doesn’t look up to it

Docherty (as much as he is not the answer to our problems) is definitely useful enough to keep around till the end of the season

32 minutes ago, lwh said:

Docherty (as much as he is not the answer to our problems) is definitely useful enough to keep around till the end of the season

I would agree with this. Fine to have around at League 2. He was good in midfield yesterday, that was some pass he made that put Armour in that was on the highlights.

armour has looked a bit better under McKinnon too. Not great but a bit more about him. Aitken just isn’t the answer unfortunately hopefully Keatings can get a run in the team or a loan signing in the mould of Johnny Russell would do for a few month 

Bit disappointed with Hanratty returning, he looked lively & showed potential in games. Didn’t get given enough chances in my opinion, he was limited minutes coming on from the bench.

Ferguson probably a level too far for him, potential is there but just not good enough yet for league two. Can see him being released by Hearts at the end of the season.

Dailly as well a bit disappointed he’s returned to St Johnstone, thought he’d been decent when he’d played & he’s the better of the options we have to cover Darren Whyte’s absence.

Moreland the less said about him the better.

The only one I’d have kept is Dailly as he hasn’t looked too bad since McKinnon came in and was improving.

I honestly can’t remember anything Moreland did on the pitch at all.

Hanratty hasn’t been great but he got the Mark Gallagher treatment from Irvine which meant he’s been bench warming for most of the season. He did show flashes of what he could do but not enough.

Ferguson hasn’t been great either, he looks like he can play better but only has one goal to show for it. Staying 

It does worry me that they haven’t yet mentioned Docherty as I hoped he would also be sent back to Edinburgh. I get that people think he would be useful but I don’t share that feeling. He’s been more of a cause of problems than solution.

Wasn't Moreland purely signed on loan as Nditi was suspended and Abed was injured leaving no RBs at the club? It was never envisioned he'd make a mark at Station Park. 

Ferguson, definitely not ready for L2, see if he can get some form back in the lowland league for Hearts B.

As people have said, Hanratty was the best loan signing but clearly had attitude problems so understandable why the club would happily send him back.

Bobby Dailly was okay, not amazing, but was helpful considering Whyte is out for the long-term (again! Poor guy can't get a consistent run of games). He reminds me of Sam Fisher. Never looked amazing at Forfar but will likely carve out a good career for himself.

When we got Docherty on loan I was very disappointed, but his advantage is the fact he can play CB, LB, CM and probably RB. Making him a very useful player to sit on the bench and cover for injuries. If he returns to Edinburgh I won't be disappointed, nor will I be angry if his loan continues. 

In Ray's interview he hoped two more players will have joined before Saturday, I assume it'll be a CB and then probably an attacking midfielder, effectively a backup to Slater or a striker to replace Matty.

On 01/01/2023 at 21:00, Bridie Vision said:

Think all loan signings can be sent back and we wouldn't miss any of them.

Is there any truth to Kane Hester signing for Forfar Athletic or is it purely just the fact he has bought a house in the town?

I doubt it, he has just signed a lucrative deal with Elgin. He used our interest as a bargaining chip to get an improved offer from them.