Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

19 minutes ago, TheClosingArguement said:

Be amazed if they mention anything about the game within 72 hours. 

Next statement will say something like we came out fighting in the second half & finished the second half 1-1 so that’s an improvement..🤦‍♂️😂

the board can’t seriously be watching this and thinking he’s doing a good job.

we’ve been absolutely dire since about Christmas.

In what world is Moore a better option than Hanratty? We seen Moore under Malcolm and he was rotten. Hutton couldn't get in Cowdenbeath's worst ever side. Armour's done zero at every club he's been at. Keatings was retired wasn't he?

Since January results, performances and signings have been hilariously bad. Two wins in 19 you say? In THIS league!? Soul crushing football on top, It's a never ending nightmare.

2 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

I'd honestly take Bollan back at this stage

I know things are bad, but bollan was a p***k. Is the football worse now? Absolutely. But bollan is a fully certified card carrying w**k. 

1 hour ago, RateofKnots said:

There will be a glib Facebook post either tomorrow afternoon or Monday morning.

After seeing negative comments on the post of today's teams, I doubt they're posting anything at this rate. 

Well at least there’s comments….

Forfar Athletic 1 East Fife 3
Saturday 8 October 2022
SPFL cinch League 2
Station Park, Forfar 

“Not good enough.” 
  That was the (repeated) verdict of manager Gary Irvine at the conclusion of a disappointing 1-3 defeat to East Fife at Station Park. Two goals down at half-time, the Loons went further the behind early in the second-half before a late flurry spurred by a well-taken Kevin Harratty counter with 17-minutes to play put a slightly better complexion on the score-line.  
  Which is not to say that did much to brighten Irvine’s post-match mood. 
  “The first thing I need to say is that performances like that are just not good enough,” said the Forfar boss. “We all owe the supporters an apology. We will never win games of football conceding goals like the ones we did today. We gave the ball away for the first goal. Not good enough. Okay, we had a man off the pitch for the second one but they just ran past us with simple passes and made it look too easy. Again, not good enough. 
  “Then the third just summed up the day. I don’t need to tell Mark Docherty (who scored an own goal) he doesn’t need the keeper to kick the ball forward. He could just have cleared his lines. All in all though, we need to defend better as a team, not take chances in our own box and clear our lines.”
  Irvine’s somewhat harsh verdict is difficult to contest. For the Loons this was a day to forget, one filled with, as Irvine went on to point out, “basic errors.”
  “This was a real sore one,” confirmed the manager. “But I take the blame. I’m the one who puts the players out on the pitch. I’ve told them we can’t go from a game like last week that was basically positive - we came off the pitch thinking we could have won against Dumbarton - then play like this. Just a week ago we were feeling good enough ourselves and looking like we had something to build on. But it can’t go down like this, performance-wise. It’s been that way too often this season.”
  Indeed, as Irvine went on to bemoan, the same sort of thing happened in the wake of an excellent away win against Albion Rovers last month. The victory was followed by a poor perforce and defeat. So consistency has been an on-going issue. Which has, inevitably, led to a collective drop in confidence. 
  “I have to ask that question,” continued Irvine. “I can’t protect the players. Which is sore for me to say. It is me who picks the team and puts them together. I have faith in their ability, but right now we are not getting even the basics of football correct. When you do that and a team gets on top of you, the confidence issue kicks in. But it all comes back to the basics. You just have to get them right to give yourself a chance to win games. We’re not doing that at the moment. Which is are to take.
  “Today was the first game of the league’s second quarter. So it was our first chance to play a side for a second time. We fell victim to an 89-minute penalty against East Fife last time we met. So this was a chance to correct that. To lose in this fashion is sore to take. I hear the frustrations of the fans and I’m with them after watching some of the stuff I saw out there today.”
  Things aren’t likely to get much easier with, at least in the short term. Forfar’s next three games are all away from home: to Elgin in the league, Kilwinning Rangers in the Scottish Cup, then a long league trip to Stranraer.
  “We have to stick together,” concluded Irvine. “We have to work hard. It’s getting back to a winning feeling. The next three weeks away from home will be tough. We know that as a squad.”

“ we came off the pitch thinking we could of won against Dumbarton “ has just absolutely tipped me over the edge. 😂😂😂

That whole interview with Irvine is laughable.

58 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Mark Docherty (who scored an own goal)

And what an own goal it was. Slotted into the bottom corner under no pressure.

How’s it gone so wrong that we are playing Kyle Hutton who can’t even move , Andy Munro who is a f**k the ball anywhere Sunday league defender & had to bring in mark Docherty on loan to fill the gap!? Not to mention Keatings ffs . Irvine built this squad and a few injuries shouldn’t mean complete collapse . 

I dunno, I don't think that's the worst interview -- honest and again no mention of the injuries, which would be an easy excuse to roll out. I like Irvine, he seems really sound. Unfortunately everything he does as a manager rubs me up the wrong way.