Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

46 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

It came up in my Facebook memories yesterday that it was five years since Bollan was sacked, after a season of arguable success, despite bottling absolute success,  to an abysmal start to the current season. Why does that sound familiar?

Irvine is a poundshop version of Bollan. 

That ranks highly on the "most depressing thing I've ever written" scale.

Hello, everyone.

I'm looking at going to the Forfar - East Fife game on October 8th. It has caught my eye that October 8th could be a big chance to do two fixtures in the same day, as Dundee United are at home to Aberdeen at 6pm that evening.

I don't know the area at all. Not been to Forfar since 1998! Is it feasible to go to the game at Station Park and make it to Tannadice for a 6pm kick-off? Not going to worry about being a minute or two late.

I'll be going by car. Cheers.

2 minutes ago, DoingThe42 said:

Hello, everyone.

I'm looking at going to the Forfar - East Fife game on October 8th. It has caught my eye that October 8th could be a big chance to do two fixtures in the same day, as Dundee United are at home to Aberdeen at 6pm that evening.

I don't know the area at all. Not been to Forfar since 1998! Is it feasible to go to the game at Station Park and make it to Tannadice for a 6pm kick-off? Not going to worry about being a minute or two late.

If you left the Forfar game at 4.45 you could easily make a 6pm kick off in Dundee.

Traffic might add a bit of time on to this but there is plenty of street parking very close to Station Park, you’ll be able to get back to your car in 5 minutes tops if you park in and around North Street / Market Street. You would be out of Forfar for just before 5 I would reckon.

Forfar to Dundee would be about 20 minutes. The traffic around the Forfar Road junction would be your biggest issue because all the Aberdeen fans will be on that road too. Driving from the Forfar Road junction to Tannadice on a normal day would only take about 5 minutes though. Turning left on Fountainbleu Drive and coming up Pitkerro Drive towards the roundabout would maybe be your best bet. 

Going to Tannadice or Dens (was there last month albeit there was only 5.5k there that night but I’ve also done this for Dundee Derbies) I always try and get parked around Melrose Court / Melrose Terrace but if there’s nothing there the streets off Alexander Street are usually ok. A few industrial units around North Ellen Street can be handy. 

It is 100 percent doable but all depends on the traffic. If the Forfar games not up to much leaving just after half past would maybe be the thing to do. 

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

If you left the Forfar game at 4.45 you could easily make a 6pm kick off in Dundee.

Traffic might add a bit of time on to this but there is plenty of street parking very close to Station Park, you’ll be able to get back to your car in 5 minutes tops if you park in and around North Street / Market Street. You would be out of Forfar for just before 5 I would reckon.

Forfar to Dundee would be about 20 minutes. The traffic around the Forfar Road junction would be your biggest issue because all the Aberdeen fans will be on that road too. Driving from the Forfar Road junction to Tannadice on a normal day would only take about 5 minutes though. Turning left on Fountainbleu Drive and coming up Pitkerro Drive towards the roundabout would maybe be your best bet. 

Going to Tannadice or Dens (was there last month albeit there was only 5.5k there that night but I’ve also done this for Dundee Derbies) I always try and get parked around Melrose Court / Melrose Terrace but if there’s nothing there the streets off Alexander Street are usually ok. A few industrial units around North Ellen Street can be handy. 

It is 100 percent doable but all depends on the traffic. If the Forfar games not up to much leaving just after half past would maybe be the thing to do. 

That's really helpful, cheers.

I reckon I'm going to go for it.

Thanks very much, I'm noting all that down.

Just now, DoingThe42 said:

That's really helpful, cheers.

I reckon I'm going to go for it.

Thanks very much, I'm noting all that down.

Basically living half my week in Forfar just now on Market Street, two minutes away from Station Park. Without sounding cheeky the Forfar home support is pretty stinking it’s not ever really too busy you’d hardly notice the difference between a match day and non match day so getting out of Forfar would be fine. 

All just depends on the traffic when you’re going into Dundee, there’ll probably be 2/3 thousand Aberdeen fans at Tannadice and the vast majority going by road will be going the same direction you are at the same time. If you can get around that busy Forfar road junction you’ll be sorted, maybe even take a detour through Fintry and back up on to the Kingsway that way. 

1 hour ago, DoingThe42 said:

Hello, everyone.

You’d manage it nae bother

Just now, Bridie Vision said:

A Hearts B striker or Matty Aitken.

That's like choosing between Messi & Ronaldo 🤣

Spent the best part of 2 months waiting on a signing & we get some diddy that plays for the shit B team in the Lowland league. 

1 minute ago, RateofKnots said:

I'll wait and see what the laddie is like on the park, he has scored at tier 5 level, so its a good barometer for the level of player we would need next year to avoid back to back relegations.

Hope the lad does well. But it sends the message that lrvine has no fucking idea who to sign. 

We've now got 4 strikers (5 if you include stef) and i doubt there's many goals coming from them. 

16 minutes ago, lwh said:

10 games, 5 goals 2 assists in the lowland league. Could be very tasty at this level. Hearts are struggling in that league too

5 goals in 10 games in the tinpot league does not exactly scream 'tasty'. 

As said earlier, if he's good, he won't be back. So ultimately what's the point in this signing? We're not catching Dumbarton by January, would rather have solidified at the back. 

12 minutes ago, TheClosingArguement said:

5 goals in 10 games in the tinpot league does not exactly scream 'tasty'. 

As said earlier, if he's good, he won't be back. So ultimately what's the point in this signing? We're not catching Dumbarton by January, would rather have solidified at the back. 

Scoring more goals than the opposition is what wins games, solidifying at the back doesn’t win games often, you get nowhere drawing.

Give the young lad a chance rather than criticising him before he’s kicked a ball.

3 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

Scoring more goals than the opposition is what wins games, solidifying at the back doesn’t win games often, you get nowhere drawing.

Give the young lad a chance rather than criticising him before he’s kicked a ball.

Nonsense shout.

You'll find we tend to lose games atm because of how atrocious we are at the back.

Annan - shat away a lead

Elgin - made incredibly hard work of a draw against 10 men thanks to some shoddy defending 

Stenny - less said about that defending the better. 

Plus, WE NEVER HAVE FIT DEFENDERS

9 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

solidifying at the back doesn’t win games often, you get nowhere drawing.

And let's not even start on the clusterfuck against dundee & QP in the cup. 

You can score as many as you like, keep shipping them in pub league fashion you'll get nowhere 

45 minutes ago, TheClosingArguement said:

Nonsense shout.

You'll find we tend to lose games atm because of how atrocious we are at the back.

Annan - shat away a lead

Elgin - made incredibly hard work of a draw against 10 men thanks to some shoddy defending 

Stenny - less said about that defending the better. 

Plus, WE NEVER HAVE FIT DEFENDERS

While I agree it’s been a depressing start to the new season you were writing them off before a ball was kicked, you really are a negative person.

You failed to address my point about giving Ferguson a chance?

When you have to type a line in capitals you’re basically shouting in print and describing someone’s reasonable point as a nonsense post doesn’t really add to reasonable debate either. Oh, maybe learn how to spell your own name 🙄