Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

11 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Hussain at centre back is a disaster waiting to happen this season.

Brindley positioning for a left back is atrocious.

Nditi canna defend & always out of position.

positives - it’s been sunny for most of the half..😂

I’d actually disagree with most of that post, I thought Hussain was one of our best players on Tuesday and today he’s been decent.

Nditi has been pulled out of position trying to cover Munro. Other than that, he’s not done anything bad.

Cue either of them making a massive mistake this half.

On another note, some of our younger fans spend more time trying to pick fights with other fans than watching the game. Acting like idiots is what led to them being given into trouble before, why repeat it.

Edited by fafc1885

4 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

I’d actually disagree with most of that post, I thought Hussain was one of our best players on Tuesday and today he’s been decent.

Nditi has been pulled out of position trying to cover Munro. Other than that, he’s not done anything bad.

On another note, some of our younger fans spend more time trying to pick fights with other fans than watching the game. Acting like idiots is what led to them being given into trouble before, why repeat it.

Hussain’s been caught out of position,  misplaced a few passes, nearly passed Hamilton through if it wasn’t for Marc coming out & clearing it.

I know it’s still early days but I’m not convinced at all with him as our centre half, hoping Whyte’s injury isn’t serious & he is back pronto.

on Nditi he seems to go for things he’s no chance in getting in turn leaving us exposed at the back. Happy to be proven wrong though.

On 02/07/2022 at 20:57, Loon From Outta Toon said:

No meltdown on here yet? Thoroughly disappointed.

6 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

0 shots on target. About sums us up.

I get that Hamilton are a championship side but they didn’t look up to much at all.

31E1F916-5886-441C-8C96-5212BF5CE389.png

This you, aye?

3 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

This you, aye?

Ok It looks like me to do this, but you looking for some negativity responses from your shite postings?

'cause it's a poor fucking effort.  

I'll give you 3 guesses why we don't respond,

It's the middle one. 

Sleep ticht

Just now, SlipperyP said:

Ok It looks like me to do this, but you looking for some negativity responses from your shite postings?

'cause it's a poor fucking effort.  

I'll give you 3 guesses why we don't respond,

It's the middle one. 

Sleep ticht

Gee thanks. 

I always knew it was because you loved me.

7 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Of course..

waited for competitive games to comment, and nothings changed, we’re an absolute shambles.
So my meltdown is merited.

stop responding to the c**t, he has nothing to post about our team, let's hope after 175 post  he/she will improve. 

8 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Of course..

waited for competitive games to comment, and nothings changed, we’re an absolute shambles.
So my meltdown is merited.

Right, I'm willing to back down here, and be more reasonable.

I did kneejerk after Dunfermline, but hoped it would improve. You were right to wait until competitive games, but I also feel you're being unkind calling it a shambles. Only played teams from leagues above, and frankly, the gulf in ability has shown.

Acid test is surely Stranraer?

2 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

This is an odd thing to say. 

Why, I say what I post, I think you;re a bit off c**t, prove it different (the cuntiness is within your last 175 post),

Make me love you😍

1 minute ago, SlipperyP said:

correct, I'd also give the first 5 league a go

Like I said above, I know I kneejerked in a highly negative way after dunfermline. I will also admit I wasn't much impressed against the Americans, but you are right, probably the first 9 games will tell us where we are compared to the other teams.

I don't think, as it stands, Forfar will be the worst team in the league, but I have real concerns about them finishing in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, SlipperyP said:

Why, I say what I post, I think you;re a bit off c**t, prove it different (the cuntiness is within your last 175 post),

Make me love you😍

In fairness, I am a bit of a c**t. I won't argue that. 

My concern was over the fact I had nothing to post about Forfar.

Quite enjoyed that game today. Hamilton streets ahead as you'd imagine and some of their quick passing then finding a player was really good. I'm willing to let the defensive errors go as we won't come up against a team so quick around the box and with such strong finishing. Andy Munro looked good today.

Good to see the new faces although Jack and Hanratty didn't really excite. Unlike Abed who, although only on for a short time, showed real promise. He seemed to have a good understanding with Slater (🥰) so I'm looking forward to seeing how that pans out.

4 hours ago, fafc1885 said:

I didn’t see Hussain on Tuesday but thought he was decent today, he hasn’t impressed me before now but looked like a player today.

it was two of our younger fans causing trouble today, one a regular “offender” another I don’t think I’ve seen before. The rest, to their credit, behaved and seemed to have good banter with the away fans. Talking of the away fans, several grown men getting coaxed into trying to fight with two school laddies didn’t make them look good. The empty alcohol cans on the west terrace and the two flares showed them for what they are, I’m so relieved our new pitch wasn’t damaged by the flares, the first one the guy who threw it was caught and thrown but managed to get back in 🙄 Our stewards really are poor.

If Daz is out injured for awhile this is a golden chance for Hussain. If he can start the season in fair form, no calamities then the critics will die down, and also he'll learn lots beside Andy which will benefit him in his career (whether it's for Forfar or for another team).

Nditi is a different player to Meechs, whilst I maintain he's a quality player, he can't do the exact same role as Meechan did (this will be a good test of coaching and managerialism for Irvine) if Gary can alter his tactic, formation and mentality to get the best out of Nditi but not at the expense of Thomson (or whoever he plays RM).

It's probably too late for wholesale changes/experiment like playing Nditi, Munro & Hussain in a back 3, with Thomson and Brindley as wingbacks/wide midfielders, so it's down to good tweaks to the system by the 2 Garys in the dugout (like making sure Harkins stays next to Irvine and not Slater). 

Can we win the league? Absolutely. Will we? Hard to say. I expect a tight and properly close title fight this season.

Finally, Forfar stewarts being bad at their job?! I've never heard that before 🙄