Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

1 hour ago, fafc1885 said:

Felt our better players today were Hutton, Moore and Whyte. Shepherd and Archie Thomas also impressed from the bench.

Whyte and Moore definitely had good games today. 

It certainly wasn't a classic game, it felt like Forfar were playing and content for a draw, which was a fairly sure bet since Annan had Kelty.

Stupid how confident I am going into the play offs. The last game against Annan and our overall record against them has me convinced there’s no way we could possibly lose. I am sure I’ll be less confident on Wednesday morning.

Kyle Hutton 2023
Stef McCluskey 2023
Marc McCallum
Andy Munro
Craig Thomson 2023
Yusuf Hussain 2023
Matty Aitken 2023
PJ Crossan 2023
Craig Slater 2023

Can't find McCallum and Munro but think Munro might be 2023 and McCallum signed an extension which may have been 2024.

No date was given on the length of Jamie Ness' deal at the time but would be amazed if it was not the end of this season.

Pretty decent list, think Hussain might be punted out of that. Would like to see Meechan and Whyte extend

Kyle Hutton 2023
Stef McCluskey 2023
Marc McCallum
Andy Munro
Craig Thomson 2023
Yusuf Hussain 2023
Matty Aitken 2023
PJ Crossan 2023
Craig Slater 2023

Can't find McCallum and Munro but think Munro might be 2023 and McCallum signed an extension which may have been 2024.

No date was given on the length of Jamie Ness' deal at the time but would be amazed if it was not the end of this season.

Pretty decent list, think Hussain might be punted out of that. Would like to see Meechan and Whyte extend
Club has stuck with Whyte through injuries, I'd like to think that faith might be repaid.

8 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Kyle Hutton 2023
Stef McCluskey 2023
Marc McCallum
Andy Munro
Craig Thomson 2023
Yusuf Hussain 2023
Matty Aitken 2023
PJ Crossan 2023
Craig Slater 2023

Ross signed a deal until 2023 in late 2020. Munro is until 2023 and Marc is 2024. 

11 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Kyle Hutton 2023
Stef McCluskey 2023
Marc McCallum
Andy Munro
Craig Thomson 2023
Yusuf Hussain 2023
Matty Aitken 2023
PJ Crossan 2023
Craig Slater 2023

Found this on Twitter so McCallum signed up till 2024.

988F3EAE-350B-4E40-B98F-0DEFFAA0F3A5.png

On 01/05/2022 at 22:44, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Kyle Hutton 2023
Stef McCluskey 2023
Marc McCallum
Andy Munro
Craig Thomson 2023
Yusuf Hussain 2023
Matty Aitken 2023
PJ Crossan 2023
Craig Slater 2023

Be interesting to see if any of these players have a clause in their contract that they can terminate if we don’t achieve promotion…

5 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Probably a blessing in disguise that we’re not going up to League one.

I couldn’t imagine this team in that division next season. We’d get torn apart week in week out.
I struggle to watch it in league two at this moment in time.

Safe to stay that recruitment may not be one of Irvines strong points. Unless you need too many midfielders. 

5 minutes ago, MattyAitkenSuperFan said:

Safe to stay that recruitment may not be one of Irvines strong points. Unless you need too many midfielders. 

The joke there is that Hutton was his January signing then he ends the season benched in favour of Jobber Harkins. Also paid the price today for our utter lack of striking options.

1 minute ago, nofixedability said:

The joke there is that Hutton was his January signing then he ends the season benched in favour of Jobber Harkins. Also paid the price today for our utter lack of striking options.

The baffling thing for me is how Archie Thomas can’t get a game ahead of either of these two?🤦‍♂️

Another Meechs f**k up....mummy and daddy won't like that....
Yup, not his best season, surprised he made team of the year.

Irvine has managed to sign some good players, but more misses than hits and never sorted our deficiencies. Our squad is still a decent one, but I feel a better manager would get a lot more out of them