Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

2 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Somebody please tell me Slater is alright.

Dead leg according to Irvine.

We were excellent today, apart from in the second half. That seems to be an issue all season, play well in the first half and look poor in the second.

Warnock and Stef obviously deserve the plaudits today but I thought Darren Whyte was also brilliant, he has been since he returned from injury.

I would play the majority of the side against Kelty, with just one change in Harkins. I don’t get how we can play so well but still have a passenger in the middle of the park. Hutton put in more effort in the 20 minutes he was on.

Yes the 2nd half was disappointing but it was to be expected, the lads were 5-0 up I knew they'd take their feet well off the gas.

Agreed same 11 except Thomas or Brindley for Harkins (if Brindley plays there then Strachan to LB) but I suspect Harkins will remain in the line-up for next Saturday. 

This will get me slated but - Harkins has gradually become a good option for us. He’s strong in the tackle, wins everything in the air and is generally fairly tidy on the ball. He’s a better option than Hutton imo. Especially if we are to continue with the three in midfield.

5 hours ago, lwh said:

This will get me slated but - Harkins has gradually become a good option for us. He’s strong in the tackle, wins everything in the air and is generally fairly tidy on the ball. He’s a better option than Hutton imo. Especially if we are to continue with the three in midfield.

Granted you’re entitled to your opinion, but I don’t agree with that at all.

Most of the time he puts in a halfhearted tackle and when he does get the ball he has, for the most part, struggled to find a teammate. He is the weak link in the team and should only be used when we are struggling for numbers. I wouldn’t start Hutton either, he put in more effort than Harkins on Saturday but that doesn’t mean he should be starting.

I've no issue with Harkins being a player/coach but he should be an emergency backup, for injury nightmares or as a time-wasting sub in the last 5/10 minutes of a game we're winning.

Hutton couldn't start for club 42 (Cowdenbeath) so how did he become a regular starter for a team in the promotion playoffs!

Plenty has been said of Archie Thomas on this thread, and it's almost certain he'll depart in the summer (assuming his contract is up).

My question is Brindley, he's listed as a midfielder for Kilmarnock so why's he been at LB since he joined us? Fair enough he hasn't been terrible but Luke Strachan has been far more effective for us.