Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

On 07/01/2022 at 23:29, lwh said:

He could’ve became one of what I assume is a very small group of players to win promotion twice with us should we be in league one next year.

I looked back to our last promotion and that group is Michael Travis (who has now left), Andy Munro & Matty Aitken. I thought our promotion season was Marc McCallum's 1st back at the club but we still had Grant Adam at that point so I think Marc must've been signed in the summer that followed promotion.

2 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

I looked back to our last promotion and that group is Michael Travis (who has now left), Andy Munro & Matty Aitken. I thought our promotion season was Marc McCallum's 1st back at the club but we still had Grant Adam at that point so I think Marc must've been signed in the summer that followed promotion.

Both Matty and Munro struggled for game time that year. Only Foxy and Malcolm were in 2010 and 2016 squads

5 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Confirmed on Forfar Facebook that Michael Travis has departed Station Park.

5018F7EC-51C1-4B99-819C-0BF4F659B933.png

and confirmed he's signed for Edinburgh City.

I'd like to think he'll come back and haunt you in a few weeks but he'll be injured by then :rolleyes:

Guest mr_malcolm
and confirmed he's signed for Edinburgh City.
I'd like to think he'll come back and haunt you in a few weeks but he'll be injured by then :rolleyes:

More didsapointed about losing his old man. He’s a top man

THanks Travis

Next.....The goal scorer that we are all shouting for......I just noticed we are the second highest scorer in the league outwit THEM.

Yes we do, but do we do?

Eta - To the guys at the game. How was Karkins?

Edited by SlipperyP

5 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

THanks Travis

Next.....The goal scorer that we are all shouting for......I just noticed we are the second highest scorer in the league outwit THEM.

Yes we do, but do we do?

Eta - To the guys at the game. How was Karkins?

In answer to Harkins.

It’s like we’re starting a game a man down whenever he plays, he’s just totally past it, needs to give it up.

it must be horrendous for Archie Thomas sitting on the bench seeing a 37 year old player that canna run start ahead of him.

Hall of fame for worst deal in our history surely. Horrendous 

1 hour ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Steven Doris played his last game at the weekend there.

Desperately need a striker in now.

4C2A7B62-9A9A-45E9-8351-F0A7FBD10C03.png

Hall of fame for worst deal in our history surely. Horrendous 

Dreadful piece of business at the time. Well done on the Smokies shifting a used up player.
Looks like the swap deal backfired, which was a shame for both Hilson and Doris.
Both would have been better staying at their respective clubs at getting the due plaudits rather than being seen as a wasted investment.
That said, I can't blame Hilson for his last chance at the upper leagues. L1 stalwart, happy to have him back if he fancies another dint at Station Park.

When he signed he was doing well but he was never going to be the same player he was before his injuries. Lockdowns also probably didn’t help.

Felt he deserved more minutes than he was getting this season but Saturday showed he was never going to get that. One of two available strikers when we play two up front and he’s still sitting on the bench for 85 minutes.

1 hour ago, fafc1885 said:

When he signed he was doing well but he was never going to be the same player he was before his injuries. Lockdowns also probably didn’t help.

This. He started off well, his hold up play was good. Didn't we get him and a five figure fee? It really wasn't that bad a deal. Hilson has struggled badly in a really poor Championship.

Edited by Jupiter Jazz