Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Fair point that we’re well appointed in midfield but Ness isn’t the only injury prone midfielder we have so happy with the appointment. As already said, we need a striker, we are thankfully well endowed with defenders, the Anderson/Munro partnership is proving to be amazing and up there with the Travis/Whyte partnership which will be available again soon. I always felt the latter two were the best in L1 along with Meechan were, and still are, immense. As fortunate as we are with our first choice keeper, a great defence and midfield, we are lacking upfront, not in effort and industry but a deadly striker would make us unbeatable in this league and very competitive next season if we achieve promotion.

On 16/12/2021 at 13:22, lwh said:

Moore was decent in a really poor team. I think he could be very good in a good team but centre midfield is probably our strongest position and as a player he’s quite similar to slater (although obviously not on that level). It’s a good addition but I’m not sure it’s totally necessary

Moore had a great game tonight, energy levels right to the end, I watched him last season and he just didn't fire, hopefully Gary can make him tick.

44 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Moore had a great game tonight, energy levels right to the end, I watched him last season and he just didn't fire, hopefully Gary can make him tick.

I think he showed quality last season, not quite as industrial as you need I na relegation battle but always looked top quality on the ball

Guest mr_malcolm
Woo! Team of the Week for Stef. While Slater is obviously the star man for Forfar this season, Stef is probably up there. 2nd best outfield player at the club?

Stef definitely fans favourite. Doesn’t tend to do much wrong and always gives 100%. Decent players too

Woo! Team of the Week for Stef. While Slater is obviously the star man for Forfar this season, Stef is probably up there. 2nd best outfield player at the club?
Yeah, he's been great. Not going to lie, I thought he was a pretty underwhelming signing based on feedback from other fans but you can't argue with his goal return and he brings a lot more to the team too

Guest mr_malcolm
Come on let's get some conversation going rather than one post a week!
Transfer window open, we all know we need to invest in our forward line so what players' are we likely to attract?
Any whispers or rumours?

Heard nothing . That’s probably why there’s no posts

11 hours ago, mr_malcolm said:

Still nae feckin strikers !?

Guess there's been no developments in the Hilson loan move then 😜. Realistically though, if Irvine signs a striker it'll be an unproven 18/19 year old on loan from Dundee United or Motherwell, and therefore might not actually be an improvement on Aitken, Shepherd or Doris.

43 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Guess there's been no developments in the Hilson loan move then 😜. Realistically though, if Irvine signs a striker it'll be an unproven 18/19 year old on loan from Dundee United or Motherwell, and therefore might not actually be an improvement on Aitken, Shepherd or Doris.

I think the Hilson loan was nothing more than a rumour started by someone’s hopeful wishing, don’t get me wrong, I wish it was a real thing but don’t believe it ever was.

19 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

I think the Hilson loan was nothing more than a rumour started by someone’s hopeful wishing, don’t get me wrong, I wish it was a real thing but don’t believe it ever was.

I agree, hence my use of emoji. Perhaps after the home game on Saturday Gary may give a wee insight into potential recruitment in his post match interview on Facebook.

13 minutes ago, lwh said:

Trav played (and scored) for Edinburgh City as a trialist tonight. Probably means we’ve seen the last of him in a Forfar top sadly

That is a shame but it did appear likely when he was sent out on loan the day before a Scottish Cup match in which Andy was suspended. The only positives are that he should be playing regularly and that Darren Whyte is back (just working on attaining sharpness).

16 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

That is a shame but it did appear likely when he was sent out on loan the day before a Scottish Cup match in which Andy was suspended. The only positives are that he should be playing regularly and that Darren Whyte is back (just working on attaining sharpness).

He could’ve became one of what I assume is a very small group of players to win promotion twice with us should we be in league one next year.