Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Guest mr_malcolm
Looks like the centre half jinx continues with Fisher out for “some time”.

Ffs , he’s the better out of the 2 Dundee boys too

1 hour ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Really need some defensive cover in, preferably somebody versatile as we don't have full back cover apart from the manager. Shame Jamie Bain signed for Brechin

Good that Stevie Anderson is back, but whether he'll be able to stay fit and still be able to perform to a decent ability remains to be seen. Fingers crossed though

Yeah having Fisher,Anderson, Whyte and Travis in the books ( all recent sick notes) is a real gamble that I would already be worried about.

35 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

Someone get Harkins off and tell him to retire again. Don’t think he has completed a single pass to a teammate at all so far.

Why did he register as a player instead of Scott Robertson? He wasn't great for us but a lot better than Harkins!

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

How's Mulligan  Strachan looked for you guys?

Been decent for us. Nothing special but he is the only LB at the club so he's guaranteed playing time.

2 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Why did he register as a player instead of Scott Robertson? He wasn't great for us but a lot better than Harkins!

Been decent for us. Nothing special but he is the only LB at the club so he's guaranteed playing time.

Because Robertson is our U18s coach so we probably need him on a Saturday.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

That would make sense, thanks.

12 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Harkins did his job tonight, lasting 90 minutes and meaning Slater didn’t need to come on. With Gallagher picking up an injury that was imperative.

That's a fair point. We wanted a rotated side, and we got that as best we could and still got the win.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Robertson has been in the dugout for us every Saturday and by the looks of it the U18s play on a different day.

1 hour ago, fafc1885 said:

Robertson has been in the dugout for us every Saturday and by the looks of it the U18s play on a different day.

Have they been playing? Wasn't sure if the youth league was on hold due to Covid.

I know it's a separate club and entity to Forfar Athletic but it was a shame to see that Forfar Farmington has folded. Guess they couldn't compete financially or recruit like the other women's teams who are attached to a larger men's football clubs.

On 13/08/2021 at 17:33, Bridie Vision said:

I know it's a separate club and entity to Forfar Athletic but it was a shame to see that Forfar Farmington has folded. Guess they couldn't compete financially or recruit like the other women's teams who are attached to a larger men's football clubs.

To be fair to them, they’ve only gotten rid of the senior side, they’re still a youth club. Horribly mismanaged in recent years though and have pushed so many people away from the club that were improving it.

• 2 weeks later...

I see you guys have just signed Jamie Ness. Been out for a year, but I think that would've only done him good considering his injury issues with us. Was always a decent player for us at Championship level who just couldn't shake off the injury bug, and I would feel that year off would help to re-settle him. Had been on trial with Motherwell in pre-season for 2 months, so he's evidently up to match fitness. Think this could be a really good midfield addition for Forfar.

Guest mr_malcolm
I see you guys have just signed Jamie Ness. Been out for a year, but I think that would've only done him good considering his injury issues with us. Was always a decent player for us at Championship level who just couldn't shake off the injury bug, and I would feel that year off would help to re-settle him. Had been on trial with Motherwell in pre-season for 2 months, so he's evidently up to match fitness. Think this could be a really good midfield addition for Forfar.

Can he stick the ball in the net

13 minutes ago, mr_malcolm said:

Can he stick the ball in the net

Not necessarily been his biggest strength from what I can tell, but when he has they've tended to be quite decent indeed.

This goal is the only reason Rangers fans still talk about him tbh, absolute peach in the Old Firm

His only goal for us, though one I thoroughly enjoyed

Edited by RossBFaeDundee