Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

7 hours ago, mr_malcolm said:

They’ve got us as finishing 1st, can’t see it myself

Why not?  Yes, Kelty look strong, however, if we don't push them all the way I'll be disappointed.   my full backing is behind the manager, I think he can do it.

C'mon the Loons.

All the best to everyone this season, that includes all the supporter and folk on here who post, let's have a great one.  Positivity, something that has not been at Station park for about 3 years.

Edited by SlipperyP

Guest mr_malcolm
Why not?  Yes, Kelty look strong, however, if we don't push them all the way I'll be disappointed.   my full backing is behind the manager, I think he can do it.
C'mon the Loons.
All the best to everyone this season, that includes all the supporter and folk on here who post, let's have a great one.  Positivity, something that has not been at Station park for about 3 years.

Kelty have pretty much a team that would do ok in the championship.

2 hours ago, speedframe said:

What an article, the epitome of 'feel good' local sports reporting emoji1.png

Nice to have positive press reporting!

2 hours ago, nofixedability said:

Yep, with the possible exception on Brechin would be predicting all those a couple of places lower. 

I don't think their predictions are wildly out. I can see Arbroath surviving another season, 7th is probably the highest they could achieve.

Montrose should be in the playoff mix, although I can see League One being very tight with Falkirk, Cove & Queen's Park.

Of course we want Forfar to win the league and it would be great but I think playoffs is achievable, once again League Two will be very tight. I can see it being two leagues in one (top 6 all very competitive, bottom 4 trying to stave off the basement battle)

Brechin have signed some great players and probably are favourites for the Highland League, although Brora will push them.

All in all, the league kicks off tomorrow and I am definitely more optimistic this season than last!

Kelty don’t have a championship level team, they’ve got a few players who are of that quality especially in midfield but as an alll round team they’re definitely not championship level. Not enough energy, physicality or pace, back 4 awful for that level too. We should’ve scored 5/6 against them last week and we’re still due another couple of attacking players to come in. With the attacking players they’ve got though they will do very well in this League. Probably better than the team we won league 2 with. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Guest mr_malcolm
Kelty don’t have a championship level team, they’ve got a few players who are of that quality especially in midfield but as an alll round team they’re definitely not championship level. Not enough energy, physicality or pace, back 4 awful for that level too. We should’ve scored 5/6 against them last week and we’re still due another couple of attacking players to come in. With the attacking players they’ve got though they will do very well in this League. Probably better than the team we won league 2 with. 

Suppose time will tell, they will score goals I agree .

Can't believe no post since Friday, ffs lads.   we just won a game, not looking out of place, zero panic moment and silence? 

Well here goes, so far Irvine looks like he has it going, good loan signing (remember we loaned for the bench), new signing look good, not spectacular, but time will tell.

Edin on Sat, they are fighting amongst themselves already, could be 6 points in 2 week.

Let's get   the thread hot again.

I really like the look of Fisher, tall, tall and wins header, he is also tall.  Slater looks good, not the brilliant as some said on , the match thread....

Irvine we trust!!! 

Can't believe no post since Friday, ffs lads.   we just won a game, not looking out of place, zero panic moment and silence? 
Well here goes, so far Irvine looks like he has it going, good loan signing (remember we loaned for the bench), new signing look good, not spectacular, but time will tell.
Edin on Sat, they are fighting amongst themselves already, could be 6 points in 2 week.
Let's get   the thread hot again.
I really like the look of Fisher, tall, tall and wins header, he is also tall.  Slater looks good, not the brilliant as some said on , the match thread....
Irvine we trust!!! 

We're more accustomed to doom and gloom Slippy!

Seriously though, I'm happy with the start to the season, able to match a good Montrose side in the cup and nice to start with a win.

Fisher definitely has potential, a few times I think he's come out for balls he doesn't need to challenge for and ends up out of position, but he'll learn. Great to have a centre half with pace for a change, see his recovery challenge up at Brora, albeit it came from his mistake.

Slater and Gallagher look good in centre mid and impressed with Thomson on the wing, goes direct at his man to get to the byline, we've struggled for wingers since Denholm left.

Would be brilliant to get another win on Saturday and think we're meeting Edinburgh City at a good time. Following week we host Kelty which will be a good test of where we're at

4 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

We're more accustomed to doom and gloom Slippy!

Seriously though, I'm happy with the start to the season, able to match a good Montrose side in the cup and nice to start with a win.

Fisher definitely has potential, a few times I think he's come out for balls he doesn't need to challenge for and ends up out of position, but he'll learn. Great to have a centre half with pace for a change, see his recovery challenge up at Brora, albeit it came from his mistake.

Slater and Gallagher look good in centre mid and impressed with Thomson on the wing, goes direct at his man to get to the byline, we've struggled for wingers since Denholm left.

Would be brilliant to get another win on Saturday and think we're meeting Edinburgh City at a good time. Following week we host Kelty which will be a good test of where we're at

1. not this season
  2. last season nobody came for the first ball, the second was a goal
  3. yes, yes
  4. Again, yes, but stop thing maybe, fucking in, we're going to win it.........

This winning thing is quite nice, maybe we should do it more often 😁

If we beat Edinburgh and Kelty it means we'll have come out on top against two of the league favourites within the first month, maybe that Courier article could be correct! 😉

Not getting too carried away, we've got a strong squad, let's hope they all play well the whole season and we can avoid an injury crisis like last season.

5 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Anyone joining the Irvine tractor wagon? It's full of diesel.....

See what The Bechin are doing the HL, we should be scoring 4 or 5 on Tuesday, Kelty will take care of itself.

Should be a comfortable win for us on Tuesday. If we can get a few goals in the first half I can see Gary resting folk after HT and give Doris and Steven Anderson a good run out to build fitness.

9 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Should be a comfortable win for us on Tuesday. If we can get a few goals in the first half I can see Gary resting folk after HT and give Doris and Steven Anderson a good run out to build fitness.

This cup is a nightmare, just a hinderance. Hopefully we're resting a few from the start.

29 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

This cup is a nightmare, just a hinderance. Hopefully we're resting a few from the start.

Yeah, would be playing all that were on bench on Saturday and definitely giving Slater, Crossan and Thomson the night off.

Guest mr_malcolm
Yeah, would be playing all that were on bench on Saturday and definitely giving Slater, Crossan and Thomson the night off.

Slater should be wrapped in cotton wool for any cup game this season. Best player in our squad by a mile

Looks like the centre half jinx continues with Fisher out for “some time”.
Really need some defensive cover in, preferably somebody versatile as we don't have full back cover apart from the manager. Shame Jamie Bain signed for Brechin

Good that Stevie Anderson is back, but whether he'll be able to stay fit and still be able to perform to a decent ability remains to be seen. Fingers crossed though