Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Guest mr_malcolm
Sam Fisher & Luke Strachan in on loan from Dundee.

How many centre halves do we need this season?

After last season, 10 should cover us

13 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

How many centre halves do we need this season?

Surely with number of CBs we've got (I know Whyte & Anderson are still out) that Gary will be playing a back 3/5? Guess we'll see what he plays tonight.

3 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Surely with number of CBs we've got (I know Whyte & Anderson are still out) that Gary will be playing a back 3/5? Guess we'll see what he plays tonight.

Irvine apparently said he's undecided on whether he'll be a player manager or just a manager. Presumably you can take him out of the equation if you've signed a lot.

Got a good one in Fisher.

3 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

You have to think so, can’t see anyone in there capable of playing left back in a 4 anyway.

2 hours ago, marksteinson said:

? Because, they been identified as a close contact to the positive case.

Yes, I don't believe any of our players have actually tested positive, thankfully. 

2 hours ago, nofixedability said:

And why we have no no.8?

Maybe that's being reserved for Baxter the Bridie for when he can return to Station Park 😆

Most likely Gary is looking at signing another CM, or perhaps none of the players wanted to have the number 8 shirt.

A win on Saturday absolutely does not put us in the knockout stages. Eight points would be very unlikely to qualify as one of 3 best second place teams. A result would be required at Dens or for other teams results to go perfectly for us.

5 hours ago, nofixedability said:

A win on Saturday absolutely does not put us in the knockout stages. Eight points would be very unlikely to qualify as one of 3 best second place teams. A result would be required at Dens or for other teams results to go perfectly for us.

My bad, thought all 2nd place teams go through. 

I'll probably forget that again next season too 😅

6 hours ago, nofixedability said:

4 best 2nd place teams no?