Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

IMG_8923.jpg

Given this clear out would I be right in thinking this is the squad we have going forward for next season?

Forfar Athletic Fc

Goalkeepers :
Marc McCallum

Defenders :
Rose Meechan
Andy Munro
Steven Anderson
Michael Travis
Darren Whyte
Roberto Nditi

Midfielders :
Murray MacKintosh
Mark Hill
Grant Anderson
Craig Thomson
Craig Slater
Daniel Scally
Archie Thomas

Forwards :
Steven Doris
Scott Shepherd
PJ Crossan
Matthew Aitken

9 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Jordan Allan away to Airdrie gutted about that, but good luck to the boy!
Never got a fair chance at us.

What was his scoring record like for yourselves? I’m not sure I’d want him to be leading the line or have to rely on him for goals if we’re aiming for the play-offs/promotion. But he obviously has ability so hopefully we can get more out of him than Malcolm did. 

On 03/06/2021 at 06:19, SlipperyP said:

It would be nice to give Brechin a friendly.

Gary must have seen your comment as we're going to the Hedge on Tuesday 29th June. However, it's unknown if away fans will be permitted. 

8 hours ago, nofixedability said:

Fairly sure Nditi, McKintosh, Scally and Doris are not signed  for next season at this time.

I thought Doris and Mackintosh were under contract for the coming season. However, it looks like Nditi and Scally have been offered a contract but haven't signed on the dotted line, probably because their waiting to see if any other clubs come in for them. I could be wrong but that's what I think.

I hope Nditi does sign again, there's a good player there and he or Meechs could play at left back, meaning Meechs and Nditi could start alongside 2 or 3 of our quality centre backs, what a mean defence to sit in front of the best keeper in the league!

9 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Gary must have seen your comment as we're going to the Hedge on Tuesday 29th June. However, it's unknown if away fans will be permitted. 

I thought Doris and Mackintosh were under contract for the coming season. However, it looks like Nditi and Scally have been offered a contract but haven't signed on the dotted line, probably because their waiting to see if any other clubs come in for them. I could be wrong but that's what I think.

I hope Nditi does sign again, there's a good player there and he or Meechs could play at left back, meaning Meechs and Nditi could start alongside 2 or 3 of our quality centre backs, what a mean defence to sit in front of the best keeper in the league!

There was an article about Doris in the Courier a couple of weeks ago with him saying good things about Irvine and that he was trying to lose some weight in order to get a contract from us. Think we signed him on 18 months when we got him.

11 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

We usually have a friendly against Highland League opposition!

23 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Any rumours about Gary's backroom staff? At the moment we only have Wayne the GK coach and Mark the Sport Scientist.

Is Docherty staying on board, as McInnes hasn't got a new job yet?

Robertson was meant to be coming in.

Malcs gave Jimmy Scott an 18 month 1st division contract, signed for Gala. 🙄

1 hour ago, Deeloon said:

Malcs gave Jimmy Scott an 18 month 1st division contract, signed for Gala. 🙄

Shows you the quality of signings we made all last season. Our supposed striker and saviour was an over the hill scary looking man who's only good enough for a bottom half Lowland League team. 18 month contract was bananas 🍌😳

3 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Shows you the quality of signings we made all last season. Our supposed striker and saviour was an over the hill scary looking man who's only good enough for a bottom half Lowland League team. 18 month contract was bananas 🍌😳

He was awful at Cowden.

40 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I' m not surprised to see Nditi move. A classy player and far too good for L2 football. I hope he gets a good run with a Championship team. 

Arbroath?

If it is, I hope you wash your whore mouth out with soap until the start of season.