Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

If we lose Easton, I can see the crowds dwindling even more & if we lose him to a club in this league it’ll come back to bite us.
Just find it criminal that a lot of folk are slating arguably one of our best players?

Crazy the mindset of some of these fans.
The players around him aren’t exactly helping much?

Baird hasn’t exactly hit the ground running, he’s been a bit of a let down so far despite scoring two goals.

Fraser’s been out with little niggles so hasn’t really influenced in any games.

Hilson’s been his usual not 100% but still gives 100% effort.

Reilly’s tried to influence things but with nobody willing to offer options has been forced to either try to hit it long or pass sideways.

MacKintosh as well doesn’t do enough for me, fair enough he runs about and puts in effort but he’s got nothing else to offer whatsoever, he’s just a squad filler type of player for me, just fits in wherever he’s needed to very little effect.

Bain at right wing’s a strange one, don’t think he does enough in that role personally.

Moore looks okay, but would rather see him come on from the bench.

And then you’ve got Starkey & Coupe who aren’t good enough.

We have very little attacking options and some fans are singling out the one main attacking influence!

Baird is the best striker in the league by a mile. Guarantee every team in League 1 would have him in a heartbeat.

Guest bernardblack
Easton is always worrying to come up against, would love it if Lewis Moore started ahead of him on all our 4 meetings this season. Great wee player, arsehole but he’s your arsehole, would love him at us.

Exactly. The sort of player you’d hate if he was playing against you.

He starts every week for me....I mean, not this week due to the ban!

Edit to add - just looked and he isn’t on the suspension list? That can’t be right surely?

Exactly. The sort of player you’d hate if he was playing against you.

He starts every week for me....I mean, not this week due to the ban!

Edit to add - just looked and he isn’t on the suspension list? That can’t be right surely?
According to the FAFC site, Dylan is suspended, Trav is definitely out and Dale is looking at a late fitness test which will surely elicit a response from someone!

Guest bernardblack
Given that Easton has made himself unavailable due to an act of self indulgent petulance , and Hilson is not 100%. Here is tomorrow's lineup.
McCallum
Meechan Wilson Munro Whyte
Bain McIntosh Fraser Reilly
Baird Moore.

Reilly is anything but a left winger.

McCallum
Meechan Wilson Whyte Kennedy
Mcintosh Fraser
Bain Reilly Moore
Baird

10 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Reilly is anything but a left winger.

McCallum
Meechan Wilson Whyte Kennedy
Mcintosh Fraser
Bain Reilly Moore
Baird

Aye he slates Easton then selects Reilly on the wing!?

That would be my side in Dylan and Dales absence. Time to give the 4-4-2 a break.

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

Guys. Kennedy is not ready to play 90mins. He will be lucky if he gets 10.

The mid field four are fluid free to switch .

I cannot believe  you would not have Munro in your side. He took the arm band on Tuesday night when Trav went off and was a colossus in a backs to the wall situation.( And he scored a Pen.) 

I've no doubt Munro will play and Whyte will be at left back. Whyte though is our best centre half in my view and gives us very little going forward from fullback. Munro has grown on me but he still gives me the fear at times.

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

4 hours ago, victormeldrew said:

Given that Easton has made himself unavailable due to an act of self indulgent petulance , and Hilson is not 100%. Here is tomorrow's lineup.

McCallum

Meechan Wilson Munro Whyte

Bain McIntosh Fraser Reilly

Baird Moore.

Has Bain been playing on the wing for yourselves? Never thought he was as good there as he was at fullback 

1 minute ago, airdrieman said:

Has Bain been playing on the wing for yourselves? Never thought he was as good there as he was at fullback 

Yes. Jim Weir has brought in Meechan as a no nonsense right back allowing Bain to move forward to mid field. He is a decent player and is doing O.K.  He can play wide right or switch to wide left. The type of player Jim likes.

Guys. Kennedy is not ready to play 90mins. He will be lucky if he gets 10.

Totally agree. Kennedy’s best chance of a start in first team footie is if we arrange a bounce game on our now free weekend in September. (Which is what the chairman said would happen once we disbanded the under 20s and decided against joining the reserve league). It’ll be the only way the likes of Kennedy, Aitken and perhaps Travis (depending on length of injury) will have to get match fit.

Wilson will be back in for the league game and Munro will be in for Travis whyte and Meechan at FB. (I am very often wrong with my selections though) :)

10 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Simple aye? Which missing three? Easton didn't start last Saturday. Hilson didn't start midweek. Are you leaving Moore out? Bain?

Jesus wept......eh Travis-Easton and Hilson obvs.......Moore is no better than what we have, Bain is far more use in Right mid and Starkey looked decent up top with Baird during pre season.....oh and Whyte is a far better Left back than centre half. 

McCallum

Meechan Munro Malone Whyte

Bain  Muzza  Fraser  Coupe  

Baird          Starkey

Guest bernardblack
Jesus wept......eh Travis-Easton and Hilson obvs.......Moore is no better than what we have, Bain is far more use in Right mid and Starkey looked decent up top with Baird during pre season.....oh and Whyte is a far better Left back than centre half. 

McCallum
              Baird          Starkey

Whyte is right footed.

1 hour ago, tbsouth said:

McCallum

Baird          Starkey

So you're leaving Reilly out aswell. 

What a mess you've made of that.