Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

11 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Decent signings, I hope! I'm happy Matty's back I said last season he should've stayed as he was better than the dross we originally signed (except Jordan Allan). 

As it turns out it might have been the best thing all round. Playing regularly gaining confidence versus in and out under Malcolm's "tactics".

Have you guys released Jordan Allen? How was he for you? Wouldn't mind having him back at Cowdenbeath
No update regarding Allan but sure he'll want to leave given lack of game time unless Irvine can convince him he'll be involved.

Scored goals when he played but Malcolm rarely played him

21 hours ago, Willy_P said:

Matty Aitken, PJ Crossan and Craig Slater all sign.

If you manage to get a decent number of games out of Slater, you’ll comfortably have the best midfielder in the league. Unfortunately, the way injuries have panned out for him in recent years is a strong indicator why he’s now ended up in part time football. 

Made his QP debut against Cowdenbeath and was the best player on the pitch by some distance for 30 minutes until his hamstring went and consequently this was a recurrent theme throughout his time. Played about 10 games for us in 18 months and was subbed off within the first 45 minutes about 3 times with injury.

Really hope it works out for him as the occasions he was on the pitch, he’s stood out like a sore thumb. Only 27 also, so you might get his best years particularly since it’s a 2 year deal. 

Edited by qpfc

1 hour ago, theSilverFox said:

I see Malcs is the new Berwick manager. Good luck to him and them.

All the best to Malcs, assume Baz and Foxy have followed him. Think he needs a few more seasons in the Lowland league before looking to get back in the SPFL.

Two pre-season matches announced. A Dundee XI and Cove.

Why have we arranged a game with Dundee when we'll meet them again only a couple weeks later in the cup? Surely Dundee United XI or St Johnstone XI would be better premier league level team to have a friendly against. Cove makes sense though, we tend to play them in a friendly most seasons. Gary hopes to have another midweek friendly organised. I would assume it'll be against a Highland or Lowland league side.

1 hour ago, Bridie Vision said:

Why have we arranged a game with Dundee when we'll meet them again only a couple weeks later in the cup? Surely Dundee United XI or St Johnstone XI would be better premier league level team to have a friendly against. Cove makes sense though, we tend to play them in a friendly most seasons. Gary hopes to have another midweek friendly organised. I would assume it'll be against a Highland or Lowland league side.

Do you know the date for the friendly against us?

9 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

I think the Dundee XI will probably be their colts, and with Garys contacts it makes sense.  May even get one on loan if their any good against us.

It would be nice to give Brechin a friendly.

Edited by SlipperyP

8 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

3rd July 2PM KO at Station Park. 

Will the friendlies have supporters?

And does anyone know if they are keeping the live stream games for overseas viewers?

On 03/06/2021 at 06:22, SlipperyP said:

Will the friendlies have supporters?

And does anyone know if they are keeping the live stream games for overseas viewers?

According to the website if restrictions stay open enough then season ticket holders will be permitted.

As it won't be a full stadium I'm sure they'll continue with the Pixellot system.