Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

On 05/05/2021 at 12:22, Jupiter Jazz said:

Thanks for the quick reply!?

You said that the rot started when Dick was punted but Weir clearly ended that rot. In fact it could be said Bollan ended that rot and created another one.

Our problems now started from the break-up of the squad that finished 2nd. Baird, Easton, Reilly, Eckersley and Spencer all moved on and weren't able to be replaced. Malcolm as it turned out was an utterly calamitous appointment.

Funnily enough, I wasn't checking to see if I had received any response from A Donald's personal fluffer. 

At best, bollan stalled the rot, but I would need to be convinced Dick wouldn't have turned the relegation season  round.

Weir had one good season he couldn't repeat. Not sure that's a full reversal. Was the club in a better position when he left to when he joined?

15 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

Funnily enough, I wasn't checking to see if I had received any response from A Donald's personal fluffer. 

At best, bollan stalled the rot, but I would need to be convinced Dick wouldn't have turned the relegation season  round.

Weir had one good season he couldn't repeat. Not sure that's a full reversal. Was the club in a better position when he left to when he joined?

Laughing at the term "a rampant egotist" suddenly makes me Donald's "personal fluffer"? That's quite a leap.

Weir obviously did make a full reversal as he took us to 2nd, unfortunately he then lost all his best players and funnily enough i'm not convinced Weir wouldn't have turned things around that season he left.

It looks like we'll never hear the end of folk moaning about Dick's sacking when the actual mistake was not appointing Stewart Petrie.

47 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Laughing at the term "a rampant egotist" suddenly makes me Donald's "personal fluffer"? That's quite a leap.

Weir obviously did make a full reversal as he took us to 2nd, unfortunately he then lost all his best players and funnily enough i'm not convinced Weir wouldn't have turned things around that season he left.

It looks like we'll never hear the end of folk moaning about Dick's sacking when the actual mistake was not appointing Stewart Petrie.

True, we all knew Petrie was the best person to bring in after Campbell, all except Alistair Donald and Gary Bollan. 

All the best Gary, let's hope you can get us back to playing some football, steady the ship and push on, maybe even go for promotion.   He will need an overhaul of the squad, not sure if we have the funds, however I'm sure he has better contacts than Malcolm had.

ETA - Re the downfall, I still blame Hegarty. 

Edited by SlipperyP

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/05/2021 at 17:59, Jupiter Jazz said:

There we agree. 

Petrie and Sellars were the appointment. 

Anyway. Today’s Courier with a story about Steven Anderson briefly mentions he is hoping to be fit for Forfar for next season, getting him Whyte and/ or Travis back would be a big help to us but cannot help think may be too big a risk?

2 hours ago, nofixedability said:

Anyway. Today’s Courier with a story about Steven Anderson briefly mentions he is hoping to be fit for Forfar for next season, getting him Whyte and/ or Travis back would be a big help to us but cannot help think may be too big a risk?

Forgot all about him at you lot.Sort of experienced head you need best of luck to him if he comes back fit and ready.

Guest mr_malcolm

If they 3 are fit that’s a cracking base to build a squad for in league 2 with McAllum behind them.

McAllum

Meechan Travis/whyte Anderson

Right . That’s 3 positions filled

14 minutes ago, Willy_P said:

Matty Aitken, PJ Crossan and Craig Slater all sign.

Good luck to PJ.  I liked him, just struggles for form and fitness - and probably a coach who trusts him.

On his game he is a very good player.

19 minutes ago, Willy_P said:

Slater is an outstanding signing if he's fit. I'm very sceptical as to whether that'll be the case, though. Five appearances in around eighteen months for us. 

Slater and Crossan look exciting signings to me, remember Crossan being electric against us in a 4-3 at Station Park a couple of seasons ago. Both appear to be injury prone though...Aitken has had a good season at Albion Rovers and i've seen a good few rave reviews from opposition fans.

Any word on an assistant etc?

2 hours ago, Willy_P said:

Decent signings, I hope! I'm happy Matty's back I said last season he should've stayed as he was better than the dross we originally signed (except Jordan Allan). 

Interesting League Cup draw for us. Local derbies for us in the shape of Dundee and Montrose. Brora will be an interesting tie, and then Ross County. Hopefully we'll have plenty of fans at Station Park for the games.