Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Guest bernardblack

I heard someone on Saturday shout to Reilly “all you do is play the ball sideways”

Yeah....I hate when we keep possession and have the ball so the other team can’t score....

Without doubt Easton is our most skilled player and can turn a game but he infuriates me with his feigning injury, his discipline, his diving and how ball greedy he is. It's going to be a tight division this season with every team likely beating each other at some point so we need a stable hard working team, emphasis on team. Dylan is maybe a luxury we can live without?

59 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Ridiculous decision to play him, can anyone remember the year when Dale was injury free?

200w.gif.ee7fe8ee81206c9f38b5d5625e8b7d64.gif

5 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

Without doubt Easton is our most skilled player and can turn a game but he infuriates me with his feigning injury, his discipline, his diving and how ball greedy he is. It's going to be a tight division this season with every team likely beating each other at some point so we need a stable hard working team, emphasis on team. Dylan is maybe a luxury we can live without?

Nah, I like to be entertained to be honest.

Those 75 minutes or so last Saturday were pretty horrendous viewing, Easton lit up the last 15 and almost stole 2 points for us.

34 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

200w.gif.ee7fe8ee81206c9f38b5d5625e8b7d64.gif

Nah, I like to be entertained to be honest.

Those 75 minutes or so last Saturday were pretty horrendous viewing, Easton lit up the last 15 and almost stole 2 points for us.

Easton did indeed light up the last 15, but once again no end product

Over the last year how many games has he produced a performance?

Silverfox is spot on, a very skillful  player but a luxury player that we may not require this season.

23 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Easton did indeed light up the last 15, but once again no end product

Over the last year how many games has he produced a performance?

Silverfox is spot on, a very skillful  player but a luxury player that we may not require this season.

If it results in having to put up with more turgid displays like Saturday, then I'd say as a paying punter we definitely need him.

1 hour ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

I find it mind boggling there's even a debate on Easton.

Opinions eh

Let's look at how Jim Weir has utilised Dylan Easton recently.

V  Dumbarton.  Dropped.  5mins from bench.

V Livingston Colts. Starts. Not great.

V Stranraer.  Dropped.  20 mins from bench.  Singled out in post match interview as having no end product.

V Livingston Colts. Starts. Better performance. Sent off for Violent Conduct after 25 mins. Gets Death Stare from J.W.  on his way off.

If Jim can get any sort of deal ,Easton is on his way.

6 hours ago, victormeldrew said:

V Stranraer.  Dropped.  20 mins from bench.  Singled out in post match interview as having no end product.

V Livingston Colts. Starts. Better performance. Sent off for Violent Conduct after 25 mins. Gets Death Stare from J.W.  on his way off.

Carrying a knock at Dumbarton so not risked. Jim then feels it's not right to change a winning team against Stranraer also doesn't use the words "no end product".

Prior to these games he was raving about Dylan.

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

Guest bernardblack

Just casually missed out him playing the cup games and bossing the Airdrie game then?

On 8/17/2018 at 11:27, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Had a quick look yesterday, flight to Knock airport from Edinburgh is £66 return and there's a range of cheap b&bs in Sligo. Nowhere near as expensive as I thought.

I have a stag do the weekend before and the wedding a couple of weeks after so currently trying to think how I could justify it but very tempting

How are these travel plans coming along?

If we lose Easton, I can see the crowds dwindling even more & if we lose him to a club in this league it’ll come back to bite us.

Just find it criminal that a lot of folk are slating arguably one of our best players?

Crazy the mindset of some of these fans.

The players around him aren’t exactly helping much?

Baird hasn’t exactly hit the ground running, he’s been a bit of a let down so far despite scoring two goals.

Fraser’s been out with little niggles so hasn’t really influenced in any games.

Hilson’s been his usual not 100% but still gives 100% effort.

Reilly’s tried to influence things but with nobody willing to offer options has been forced to either try to hit it long or pass sideways.

MacKintosh as well doesn’t do enough for me, fair enough he runs about and puts in effort but he’s got nothing else to offer whatsoever, he’s just a squad filler type of player for me, just fits in wherever he’s needed to very little effect.

Bain at right wing’s a strange one, don’t think he does enough in that role personally.

Moore looks okay, but would rather see him come on from the bench.

And then you’ve got Starkey & Coupe who aren’t good enough.

We have very little attacking options and some fans are singling out the one main attacking influence!

Carrying a knock at Dumbarton so not risked. Jim then feels it's not right to change a winning team against Stranraer also doesn't use the words "no end product".
Prior to these games he was raving about Dylan.
Aye, "no end product" is a nonsense phrase.
I'm guessing he thinks Easton's end product isn't good enough but I'd disagree with that too. He can be hit and miss, if you pardon the pun, but that's the same for most guys and often opens up tight defences by his passing or dribbling skills.

17 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

I'm guessing he thinks Easton's end product isn't good enough but I'd disagree with that too. He can be hit and miss, if you pardon the pun, but that's the same for most guys and often opens up tight defences by his passing or dribbling skills.

Exactly and wins pens and free-kicks around the box. 

Clapped off by Falkirk fans for a reason.

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

Guest bernardblack

100%

His work drags defenders out of position, thus creating space for Hilson Baird etc.

Without him there isn’t a lot of creativity in that team

There is nobody doubting Dylans skill level, the question is over the last year has he done enough to warrant a starting place, i am struggling to think of a defence splitting pass that everyone talks about.

Apart from the free kick at Hampden his shooting has been really poor and the having to beat 4 or 5 players or having 3 too many touches drives you insane at times! 

If an offer came in then i think he would go, as for the gentleman saying Murray is just a squad filler and claiming Starkey and Coupe aren't good enough i think you really need to stop posting utter tripe on here! :wacko: