Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

9 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

image.thumb.png.1c15454227bdfa8810ff4e5fd9f0c54a.png

Interesting tie for us, a nice local(ish) derby. Shame it'll probably be overlooked for a TV game as they'll pick the Auld Firm and Stranraer v Hibs.

Nice tie that. Not beyond the possibility of the loons causing an upset. Peterhead beat them in the Betfred I remember

Guest bernardblack
On 04/04/2021 at 14:21, Bridie Vision said:

image.thumb.png.1c15454227bdfa8810ff4e5fd9f0c54a.png

Interesting tie for us, a nice local(ish) derby. Shame it'll probably be overlooked for a TV game as they'll pick the Auld Firm and Stranraer v Hibs.

It’s on BBC at 745pm on the 16th

Guest bernardblack
30 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Is Dan Hoban first choice now or is your usual keeper injured?

McCallum was away with work for the Partick game but Hoban kept his place for the cup game at the weekend. 
He’s a very useful goalkeeper 

So after an encouraging performance against Partick I'm brought back down to earth, and it has to be said the stats don't look good for Malcolm:

He was appointed on 10/11/2019. Since then we've had 2 wins out of 18 games in 90 minutes at Station Park and haven't won at home since February 1st 2020. All our cup wins have been after extra time or on penalties. We have picked up 2 points at home this season, and probably averaged less than 2 shots on target a game.

Tonight has to be a wake up call, we need to attack, our luck is going to run out

The thought of this team playing the Arabs live on TV is frightening , the dream team have taken us to new depths and I can see no way out. I wonder what the board are thinking or were they hoodwinked into it all by the departed chairman(talking of chairman where the hell is he)

Guest bernardblack

It’s week after week of decisions/subs that don’t make sense. The four who finished the game in midfield looked to have no idea of where they should have been playing. 

We cannot lose tomorrow. 

The thought of this team playing the Arabs live on TV is frightening , the dream team have taken us to new depths and I can see no way out. I wonder what the board are thinking or were they hoodwinked into it all by the departed chairman(talking of chairman where the hell is he)
You have to assume the directors are fans too, how can they be satisfied with this shambles?

Serious question - is there any reason Mr Malcolm should not be relieved of his duties today?

50 minutes ago, speedframe said:

You have to assume the directors are fans too, how can they be satisfied with this shambles?

Serious question - is there any reason Mr Malcolm should not be relieved of his duties today?

We doubled the wage of Dumbarton to land the much travelled Fenwick,so it looks like the chairman believes, even a badly out of shape Doris is a better option.

6 hours ago, Deeloon said:

It should be a great game on the TV. Plenty of goals, we could easily lose 5 or 6 nil. (Notice my sarcasm)

As for the chairman. Ross Graham was quite a public face but the new chairman seems to be the opposite - I can't actually even remember his name! - whatever the case he seems very content with Stuart and happy for us to lose week in week out. 😠

Guest bernardblack
1 hour ago, speedframe said:

I think the reason is that if they let Foxy be in charge for the rest of the season, there’s almost no time to get anything done as we can barely train?

55 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

I think the reason is that if they let Foxy be in charge for the rest of the season, there’s almost no time to get anything done as we can barely train?

Yeah, basically what time would any new manager get with the players? There is next to no training left it is just wall to wall games so the only real choice is to stick with Malcolm and hope he knows what he is doing ( spoiler: he doesn’t).

Allan has had literally five chances this season and taken all of them. On Saturday he scores and looks one of the few up for it, he's rewarded with being subbed and then left out altogether!?

It's mad decision after mad decision on top of the worst football I think i've ever seen. Could you imagine if it was somebody like Bollan overseeing this rubbish?