Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

2 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

I said it earlier but Barr playing every week is baffling.

He doesn’t done anything of note since he joined

He played in three different positions today and contributed nothing in all three. Him and Irvine starting every week is comical.

2 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Murray on now for Hoti.

If he’s not injured then that’s me lost all confidence in the gaffer

He shouldn't have started, United fans said he was hopeless!!

Far too many bad bad signings and of course bad luck but also some really bad tactics

Brechin manager was 3-29

Guest bernardblack
I don't care who the manager is of the team, to play one up front is absolute nonsense especially with a midfield like that backing you up!
Fisher and Mackenzie and Jordan with the pass marks.

I don’t mind one up top if it’s in the style of a couple of years ago when we had Baird alone up front with Easton and Hilson off him.

I don’t see where our next win is coming from

4 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

I don’t mind one up top if it’s in the style of a couple of years ago when we had Baird alone up front with Easton and Hilson off him.

I don’t see where our next win is coming from

Jordan is very similar to Hilson but needs support, if Robertson was 100% fit then surely he has to play alongside him.

1st goal was good but no tackles from anyone, 3rd again hardly a challenge, losing far to many soft goals.

2nd half we pressed higher and had a few chances .

We now face an interesting period from now till the new year.

4 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Jordan is very similar to Hilson but needs support, if Robertson was 100% fit then surely he has to play alongside him.

1st goal was good but no tackles from anyone, 3rd again hardly a challenge, losing far to many soft goals.

2nd half we pressed higher and had a few chances .

We now face an interesting period from now till the new year.

It's very hard to comment on the Forfar side as without a commentary I was finding it hard to recognise your players. I did see Gary Irvine playing CB and that gave me hope that we could get behind him . The goals did come for us and that is crucial in any League. It looked like you might get back in with the goal but Airdrie just attacked better. The 2nd half did see your midfielders get involved and Hutton had good blocks for us that might have meant 3-2 arrived, but mights don't get you goals, and McCallum had better saves to keep you in the game.  TV viewing is not the best way to analyse a game but it does look like a long hard season for Forfar. Mind you we thumped Clyde but they more than matched Montrose today. Paid the £12.00 and the streaming was a bit better than ours, but I wonder if a £10.00 would be more consistent for all such games using Pixi Lot?  Good luck for the season

The livestreams seem to be holding much better than they were at the beginning of the season, wish the AI camera would be able to zoom. Also, wonder if the Forfar directors are thinking about getting a commentary team in place for livestreams? Plenty other teams have started doing so.