Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Lewis Moore.     3 goals.   32 apps.  Cowdenbeath.

Matt  Aitken.      7 goals.    29 apps.  Forfar .

Just saying.:whistle

Think Matty is better up front and this youngster is a winger - we’ve started the season with either Murray or Jamie on the right wing - both good players but that’s not their best position.

Moore wasn't a player that I was a fan of when he was at Cowden.  You can see that he has talent but he was far too selfish with the ball so hopefully he's developed a bit.

Forfar fans should remember him well though as he scored a belter for us at Station Park. Our 3rd goal here. 10:20ish

Edited by The Minertaur

6 minutes ago, Kwaka Mal said:

Is this cover for Michael Kennedy?

Wouldn't have thought so - we've already got 4 players who've turned out at LB this season and Eddie Malone could play there too. 

and...with Kennedy being out since last year, I reckon he's more likely to be cover for someone else these days!

Think Wilson may be a central defender?  Munro is out suspended for 2 games and Darren Whyte picked up an injury v Montrose...who knows, Maybe Jim isn't overly happy with the Travis /  Munro combo?

6 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Wouldn't have thought so - we've already got 4 players who've turned out at LB this season and Eddie Malone could play there too. 

and...with Kennedy being out since last year, I reckon he's more likely to be cover for someone else these days!

Think Wilson may be a central defender?  Munro is out suspended for 2 games and Darren Whyte picked up an injury v Montrose...who knows, Maybe Jim isn't overly happy with the Travis /  Munro combo?

Right enough, central defender according to ..... https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/aidan-wilson/profil/spieler/297277

Aidan Wilson is only young, and was put into a poor Sons side last season, but I'd say he was probably the worst player we had last year. And by God was there some competition for that.

He made just four appearances for us, was booked four times and sent off once. He also looked absolutely terrified whenever he had the ball/had to make a decision/tried to tackle someone.

Rangers fans spoke very highly of him though, so it might just have been the wrong club at the wrong time.

1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

Aidan Wilson is only young, and was put into a poor Sons side last season, but I'd say he was probably the worst player we had last year. And by God was there some competition for that.

He made just four appearances for us, was booked four times and sent off once. He also looked absolutely terrified whenever he had the ball/had to make a decision/tried to tackle someone.

Rangers fans spoke very highly of him though, so it might just have been the wrong club at the wrong time.

Maybe League 1 will suit him better as a stepping stone.

13 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Maybe League 1 will suit him better as a stepping stone.

Quite possibly. When he came into our team we were getting battered most weeks, so it wouldn't have been easy for him. He had to play at right-back on his debut, and got torn to shreds by Frank Ross so that might've wrecked his confidence early on. The four games he played in saw us concede 11 and fail to score. In fact his main contribution towards our season was conceding a penalty inside the first minute when he was playing for Rangers' Youth team against us in the Irn-Bru Cup, which Calum Gallagher scored.

He's from Helensburgh though, so he can't be all bad ;)

3 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

Jeezo!  That's made me feel a whole lot better.

Just had a chance to see post match Jim Weir interview. 

Very strong vote of confidence for Andy Munro and also Whyte.   With Fraser still to come in  who will be dropped once injuries and suspensions are clear? 

Looking again at the 3 goals we lost.

1st.  Vitoria beats Meechan?  far too easily and scuffs a shot towards McCallum who inexplicably fails to gather and Conroy knocks it in.

2nd.  A hopeful  upfield punt towards McIntosh  with our GK and back 4 in position. McIntosh scores.

3rd. Shot from inside the box beats McCallum at his near post.

Playing nice football is O.K. if there is an end result but we were done with 3 punts up the park which we couldn't deal with.

14 hours ago, victormeldrew said:

Just had a chance to see post match Jim Weir interview. 

Very strong vote of confidence for Andy Munro and also Whyte.   With Fraser still to come in  who will be dropped once injuries and suspensions are clear? 

Looking again at the 3 goals we lost.

1st.  Vitoria beats Meechan?  far too easily and scuffs a shot towards McCallum who inexplicably fails to gather and Conroy knocks it in.

2nd.  A hopeful  upfield punt towards McIntosh  with our GK and back 4 in position. McIntosh scores.

3rd. Shot from inside the box beats McCallum at his near post.

Playing nice football is O.K. if there is an end result but we were done with 3 punts up the park which we couldn't deal with.

I can't argue with any of that.

Meechan looks quite comfortable on the ball but I haven't seen a meaningful tackle from him yet and he is out paced by most opposition forwards. McCallum is having a real drop in form, losing goals that he wouldn't have last season. 

I like Whyte a lot and Andy Munro too, though maybe not rating him as highly as JW. He has a presence though both physically and his personality so is an asset. I haven't seen enough of Fraser yet but I have seen Willie Muir and maybe big Marc needs dropping at least until he's sorted out why he's off the boil, we have two properly good keepers so why play one who is currently and uncharacteristicly prone to mistakes?