Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Guest bernardblack
Eckersley was allowed to leave due to struggling with the travelling wasn't he? I'm not sure much has changed there? Could see him turning up at Clyde or somewhere.

Similar to Daryl Duffy signing for Stranraer. He could play at a higher level but had to be based on the west coast

1 hour ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Eckersley was allowed to leave due to struggling with the travelling wasn't he? I'm not sure much has changed there? Could see him turning up at Clyde or somewhere.

Shame, you're probably right. Guess we'll be shopping at the Glebe Park dumpster again. 🙁 

They better no bother ! When Weir did it, it looked like a potential disaster and that's exactly what it was.

Shame, you're probably right. Guess we'll be shopping at the Glebe Park dumpster again. [emoji853] 

Wasn’t turning up for training at Airdrie why he hardly ever played

4 hours ago, loon74 said:

Wasn’t turning up for training at Airdrie why he hardly ever played

I couldn't tell you either way if that's true but he was unfortunate in that he got injured and was replaced by Leon McCann, who ended up being quite the sensation and our YPoTY. I don't think he played again once he was fully fit due to how good McCann was. Before then he'd been a regular though and was a quality, classy and solid full-back every time he played. He'd be an excellent addition for any team at this level, based on his performances on the park at least. I don't know if him not training is true or not but I do know he ended up bailing out on Forfar due to struggling with the travel commitments so if he does sign for anyone it will be a team based in the west coast. 

Edited by airdrieman

1 hour ago, iamnotgarybollan said:

Kelty and Darvel

If that is true, it wouldn't surprise me (Kelty and Darvel have been spending money like no other team in Scotland!) but I have faith in Marc that he'd turn it down as Forfar fan and current club hero, even though it'd be a probable pay rise.

I hope anyway...

3 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

If that is true, it wouldn't surprise me (Kelty and Darvel have been spending money like no other team in Scotland!) but I have faith in Marc that he'd turn it down as Forfar fan and current club hero, even though it'd be a probable pay rise.

I hope anyway...

I wouldn’t worry.