Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

He could've been a star for us, and if our season hadn't been an complete shambles, post Weir's car crash (literal and metaphorical).

The shambles had started before the crash - that just knocked the tin lid on it. He was a decent player but just didn’t happen for him. Wish him all the best though.

On 30/04/2020 at 15:49, Bridie Vision said:

Didn't realise Ross Graham was your chairman. Great player for us in the Jim Moffat promotion winning side.

I don't agree with him about 14/14/14 though. Fair enough if his view is that L2 effectively forming an early voting block is a bit shit but his argument against 14/14/14 is basically, you only get 3 league champions per year vs 4 right now. And the number of realistic chances for part time teams to win a league is down from 2 to 1. That's essentially just saying more leagues are better than fewer. Might as well just say let's reconstruct into 5 leagues of 8.

5 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Didn't realise Ross Graham was your chairman. Great player for us in the Jim Moffat promotion winning side.

I don't agree with him about 14/14/14 though. Fair enough if his view is that L2 effectively forming an early voting block is a bit shit but his argument against 14/14/14 is basically, you only get 3 league champions per year vs 4 right now. And the number of realistic chances for part time teams to win a league is down from 2 to 1. That's essentially just saying more leagues are better than fewer. Might as well just say let's reconstruct into 5 leagues of 8.

You can over simplify the guys argument all you want. What he's saying is a Triple 14 league system will keep the money rich clubs in the top 8 and the cash strapped clubs way down at the bottom. Im just tired of how disrespectful or uncaring or however you want to describe it, the top teams,(the ones with money), really couldn't give a rats arse about the Brechins the  the Clydes or my team Forfar. This whole debacle has made me sit back and question how Scottish football can go forward. Im really struggling to find an answer. Even without the football, daggers are drawn at each others throats.,

1 hour ago, Etherglider said:

You can over simplify the guys argument all you want. What he's saying is a Triple 14 league system will keep the money rich clubs in the top 8 and the cash strapped clubs way down at the bottom. Im just tired of how disrespectful or uncaring or however you want to describe it, the top teams,(the ones with money), really couldn't give a rats arse about the Brechins the  the Clydes or my team Forfar. This whole debacle has made me sit back and question how Scottish football can go forward. Im really struggling to find an answer. Even without the football, daggers are drawn at each others throats.,

How does 14/14/14 keep money at the top any more than 12-10-10-10?

11 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

How did George Stanger play for you guys?

Yes he did, he was amazing on his debut at Station Park, dreadful away to Falkirk by all accounts, I wasn't there, then injured. 

I've seen quite a few Junior sides announcing new players. We've seen Kirky go to Darvel. Anyone heard any Forfar rumours? Or, because everyone is furloughed at Forfar nobody is signing contract extension or getting in new players.

Just asking.

1 hour ago, nofixedability said:

Think we would be daft to sign anyone at the moment. With no crowds or hospitality or events even paying the ‘Forfar Five’ will be a struggle.

I suppose. Fair point, surprised that a number of junior teams have started signing folk.

Guess I'm just bored with lockdown and wanting to find some juicy gossip. 🙂

Guest bernardblack

Don’t agree with the chairman on the 14-14-14 set up. The incentive to get into the second league and playing the likes of Dundee, Hearts etc is there

6 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

I've seen quite a few Junior sides announcing new players. We've seen Kirky go to Darvel. Anyone heard any Forfar rumours? Or, because everyone is furloughed at Forfar nobody is signing contract extension or getting in new players.

Just asking.

I spoke to Foxy last week, nothing at all happening at Station Park until they find out what league we're in and when the league is starting.

• 2 weeks later...

Steven Pressley -

"The relegation of Hearts is absolutely extreme."
"But I think for one season only that you revamp it to three leagues of 14. And, yes, that will result in the following season with three teams relegated but surely there has to be some compassion from other clubs?"

Compassion???
GTF!!

6 hours ago, Kwaka Mal said:

Steven Pressley -

"The relegation of Hearts is absolutely extreme."
"But I think for one season only that you revamp it to three leagues of 14. And, yes, that will result in the following season with three teams relegated but surely there has to be some compassion from other clubs?"

Compassion???
GTF!!

Of course he clearly isn't caring thinking that the following season there would be 10 teams relegated from League 1 and 7 from from the Championship if we were to revert back to 12 10 10 10.

Of course he clearly isn't caring thinking that the following season there would be 10 teams relegated from League 1 and 7 from from the Championship if we were to revert back to 12 10 10 10.
Cove, Clyde, Peterhead Forfar and Stranraer all get fucked over. Would need to finish in the top 4 just to end up right back where you are just now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lads - hope you're all well. Just dropping in to say I have created a new Scottish Football magazine and Callum Tapping features in the first issue. He talks about his career to date and what led him to signing for Forfar - a really good read! You can pre order via the link below: 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/scottkelly/stonewaller-magazine-number-1?ref=project_build

Hi Lads - hope you're all well. Just dropping in to say I have created a new Scottish Football magazine and Callum Tapping features in the first issue. He talks about his career to date and what led him to signing for Forfar - a really good read! You can pre order via the link below: 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/scottkelly/stonewaller-magazine-number-1?ref=project_build

Just never happened for him at St P another one of Weirs insane signings along with others from a shit Brechin team. Not sure if he’ll get offered another contract - hope not but wish him all the best