Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

4 hours ago, lwh said:

If their plan is to rebuild the attack of the fifth best team in the league I don’t think they’ll be in any title conversation 

Yeah 2nd worst in the league for goals  scored summed up our season because we actually had the 3rd best defence. 

11 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

I remember him playing up front for us in extra time against St Johnstone (Forfarshire Cup IIRC)

Sure he did it a few times. Think he came on outfield in our cup replay against Airdrie and even scored in the shootout.

Outside of that time David James ended up up front for Man City, I can't think of another outfield goalie 

Edited by LoonsYouthTeam

11 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Sure he did it a few times. Think he came on outfield in our cup replay against Airdrie and even scored in the shootout.

Outside of that time David James ended up up front for Man City, I can't think of another outfield goalie 

Not quite the same but I remember Brazilian keeper rogerio ceni used to take the set pieces for his club and scored a lot.

Just now, ScottishLoon said:

Not quite the same but I remember Brazilian keeper rogerio ceni used to take the set pieces for his club and scored a lot.

Aye, love seeing a goalie hitting set pieces. The one Chilavert for Paraguay I'm sure notched over 100 goals in his career. Get McCallum on pens next season I say.

25 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Not a bad strategy at the time. Ian Heddle, Bobby Mann, Davie Bingham, Alan Morgan.

Was certainly one of the great periods. From a personal perspective, time has been a great healer about that Tommy Campbell spell, especially how it ended.

12 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Listened to the latest podcast episode today, good work to all involved and looking forward to what you come up with over the summer and into next season.

link please