Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

We were awful tonight, and it sums up why we won't make the playoffs. At least we won't be in the playoffs at the other end.

Who we do want to keep or bin for next year? Not including the loanees. For me:

Keep: McCallum, Nditi, Slater, Flanagan, Thomson

Undecided: Whyte, Docherty, Ross, Armour

Bin: Munro, Brindley, Hutton, Moore, McCluskey, Aitken

8 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

We were awful tonight, and it sums up why we won't make the playoffs. At least we won't be in the playoffs at the other end.

Munro & Brindley already signed up for next season. 

10 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Slater and Hilson teaming up next season...

10 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

To be honest, based on last 15 months or so, there is not a current player that I would be overly bothered leaving the club in the Summer.

3 hours ago, dave_binos said:

What's the reason for some Forfar fans wanting Munro gone? Seems a steady enough defender at this level and one of the few who seems to communicate? 

Awful distribution. Every pass is over hit, finds the stand or an opposition player

18 hours ago, C_titz said:

Awful distribution. Every pass is over hit, finds the stand or an opposition player

I noticed that a bit on Tuesday but feel he's a solid enough defender at this level. Would definitely be someone I'd take on the very limited times I've watched him. 

32 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

I noticed that a bit on Tuesday but feel he's a solid enough defender at this level. Would definitely be someone I'd take on the very limited times I've watched him. 

Over the course of a season he proves to be an absolute bomb scare. He's easily drawn out of position & amazingly poor at defending crosses. Loves to make a stupid foul for no reason too, then blame the fullbacks.

I felt that Forfar genuinely battled for every ball in that game, so that's not the problem.  The problem was failing to make effective use of it to get the ball in behind us, which contributed to their fans enduring 90 minutes without getting a shot in.  They've come to expect better than that and who wouldn't?  

Very much a work in progress at Station park but that probably didn't feel like progress.  McKinnon needs the summer window to get the weaknesses sorted out.  Some patience required here, but football fans everywhere aren't really noted for that. There  were a few greetin at Stirling that Darren Young didn't turn an inherited mess into play off chargers last season.  What he did do was stop the rot as McKinnon has done.  Limited progress yes, but still reason to have hope people.

3 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

I felt that Forfar genuinely battled for every ball in that game, so that's not the problem.  The problem was failing to make effective use of it to get the ball in behind us, which contributed to their fans enduring 90 minutes without getting a shot in.  They've come to expect better than that and who wouldn't?  

Very much a work in progress at Station park but that probably didn't feel like progress.  McKinnon needs the summer window to get the weaknesses sorted out.  Some patience required here, but football fans everywhere aren't really noted for that. There  were a few greetin at Stirling that Darren Young didn't turn an inherited mess into play off chargers last season.  What he did do was stop the rot as McKinnon has done.  Limited progress yes, but still reason to have hope people.

I agree . When he came in the challenge was do not get relegated . 

he’s probably got us safe “touch wood” but would need a summer to get his own team on the park. If he hangs around long enough that is .