Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

We look much better when Seb Ross plays in the middle behind the striker, or more specifically, Ben Armour.

Not to say we were incredible today, I don’t think we were at all. The first half in particular was woeful. We looked better in the second half but felt we only just managed to warrant the three points.

Edited by fafc1885

4 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

I couldn't make the game, but were we actually great? Stats suggest we only had 2 shots on goal? Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted we won, but just not sure if we deserved it

The stats are wrong. We had several great chances, Fleming in the Annan goal had a tremendous game. First half we were murder, 2nd half we were very good. 

1 minute ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

The stats are wrong. We had several great chances, Fleming in the Annan goal had a tremendous game. First half we were murder, 2nd half we were very good. 

First half was very similar to east Fife. First 10 mins were decent and then poor after that 

25 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

I couldn't make the game, but were we actually great? Stats suggest we only had 2 shots on goal? Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted we won, but just not sure if we deserved it

Based on second half would say we deserved the win.

1 hour ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

First half pish. Second half almost outstanding . Fleming kept the score down with some top saves 

13 hours ago, fafc1885 said:

We look much better when Seb Ross plays in the middle behind the striker, or more specifically, Ben Armour.

Seb is definitely a no. 10 not a winger, however, I understand why Ray has pushed him out wide, it's so he can try and accomodate Finn Robson and Slater. Finn was benched today and I think that's because he wants some rotation with 5 games coming up in just over 2 weeks.

A really good game with some excellent performances, individually and as a team. I thought Hutchinson was outstanding and McKinnon's triple substitution was inspired. Even although the first half performance wasn't as polished as the second it was definitely Forfar's game. Hopefully the busy schedule will bring good results. Have to mention the Annan goalie's performance. Great stuff. 

1 hour ago, WC Boggs said:

Impressed with the way Forfar kept going there.  Quite the transformation under McKinnon.

Was getting a bit worried before yesterday that it was just a bounce and we’d gone back to being quite poor but much more confident in our quality now