Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Tarek Abed the latest to leave the club. Seemed a decent prospect in his first few games but was never going to oust Nditi and with Gillies coming in it makes sense for him to go and get game time elsewhere.

22 minutes ago, lwh said:

Or if he didn’t proceed to have an absolute shocker

That's what he was getting at. tbsouth never rated Easton and he always preferred Connor Coupe. Interesting to see how their careers are panning out.

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

5 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

That's what he was getting at. tbsouth never rated Easton and always preferred Connor Coupe. Interesting to see how their careers are panning out.

Ah right, no idea how he’s playing at that level to be honest. Nothing like good enough

43 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

I disagree. Definitely has the talent IMO

The majority of people don't doubt his talent, but his attitude & workrate have on the whole through his career been stinking. 

Coupe wasn't a world beater, but he gave you his all. I'd personally prefer the hard working player to the flair player who's a passenger 7 out of 10 times.

Edited by TheClosingArguement

16 hours ago, TheClosingArguement said:

The majority of people don't doubt his talent, but his attitude & workrate have on the whole through his career been stinking. 

Coupe wasn't a world beater, but he gave you his all. I'd personally prefer the hard working player to the flair player who's a passenger 7 out of 10 times.

He got frustrated at just how poor his team mates were imho.  I'd rather see someone trying to be entertaining than a bunch of sloggers running about like headless chickens. 

9 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

He got frustrated at just how poor his team mates were imho.  I'd rather see someone trying to be entertaining than a bunch of sloggers running about like headless chickens. 

The same team mates that had us finish 2nd in League 1? 

I'd hardly say Baird, Spencer, Hilson etc were poor. All better than Easton.

1 hour ago, TheClosingArguement said:

Greeting reading about attackers like that and we are currently grubbing about with dross like Aitken and Armour.

On 26/02/2023 at 20:52, TheClosingArguement said:

No, the team that he joined after Bollan pissed off most of our best players and they left after being promoted from League 2.  I'd suggest you compare the 2015-16 side withe the 2017-18 side, I suspect there wouldn't be many left.  Boo boys had already got their teeth into him before Hilly and Baird, in particular, joined.  How many games did Easton actually play with Spencer?

Re all being better players...you might be correct but Easton is still way ahead of most players that have come after him, which is really the point that was being made.

Edit...I was a tad "tired" when I posted the above, I realise you actually meant the 2018-19 campaign.  First sentence still holds true though.

Edited by Loonytoons

14 hours ago, theSilverFox said:

Easton was very frustrating in my eyes, he has an abundance of skill and flair but all he wanted to do was hold onto the ball and try and beat everyone twice, he wasn’t what you’d call a team player, I coach 11 year olds that are more mature.

I found he tended to do that later on in a match where we were chasing a result hence my post above about getting frustrated in games.