Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

1 hour ago, FAFC Loon said:

E83CAFDA 1BEB 480F AFB6 C30D4FF43648
With the winter registration/transfer window due to open for business on New Year a final wee jog of the memory to supporters and friends of the ‘Loons’ with regard to the Player Pot fund raising scheme set up by the Directors of the club earlier in the month.

To date thanks to the support of Forfar Athletic fans from near and far, Ray McKinnon’s player budget for the month ahead has had a significant boost.

However there is still an opportunity to support the scheme and boost the coffers, by purchasing one of the packages listed below, buying shares in the club or simply making a donation.

The club enter a New year on the back of a four game unbeaten run and all are eagerly looking forward to welcoming Elgin City to Station Park on Monday afternoon of next week.

Ray has already pinpointed a few potential new faces to freshen up the playing squad and finance has been made to him of course from normal sources.

However every extra ‘penny’ raised through the Player Pot scheme as detailed will be aid the manager’s quest.

OPTION 1 as you will see below is the opportunity to purchase one of the packages being made available throughout the months of December and January which include various match day hospitality offers etc.

As you will see they range in price from £250 to £2,000.

£250 – 50 shares in FAFC plus 2 complimentary tickets for a match this season

£500 – 100 shares plus invitation to a Q&A with Ray McKinnon and other club officials in 1984 Lounge plus 2 complimentary tickets

£750 – 250 shares plus 2 complimentary match tickets with food & drinks package in the 1984 Lounge at a match of your choice plus invite to above Q&A

£1,000 – 375 shares plus Boardroom Hospitality for a match of your choice plus invite to Q&A

£2,000 – 750 shares plus Boardroom Hospitality at two matches of your choice plus invite to Q&A

OPTION 2 is simply to either purchase shares in the club for the first time or expand your current shareholding.

The minimum and we emphasise minimum purchase is 200 x £1 shares.

OPTION 3 as some have chosen to do is simply make a donation to the pot.

All monies raised in the months of December and January from all three options will rest assured be totally utilised to boost the playing resources at the club either in the January window or in the ensuing close season.

Supporters can be assured as well that the Directors will continue to pursue all their normal fund raising activities into the bargain but in post covid times this is proving to be a difficult proposition, with for example Sportsman’s Dinner and Golf Day which returned in late Summer not bringing in revenue similar to pre 2020 figures.

Anyone wishing to make assisting the club through involvement in any of the above three options please do not hesitate to make contact with any FAFC Director or email;-

David McGregor – david.mc100@btinternet.com
Paul Wilson – pwilsonfafc@gmail.com

Thankyou very much for doing that. Very interesting.

3 hours ago, RateofKnots said:

With the signing on loan of young Gillies, I feel old. Watching the son of someone who was just a laddie when I first started paying adult prices.

I hear you. Oddly enough his uncle Kenny had crossed my mind recently when I was trying to think of players of the late 90s era.

Still remember the first ever Forfar player that was younger than me to score a goal was Andy Jackson, now they're all younger 

7 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

He plays on the right of midfield.

On Forfar's website it says:

The 19 year old striker a Fifer by birth and a product of the Fife Elite Football Academy moved across the water to Tannadice in 2015.

So, maybe that's where Ray might play him. Or he could just be strengthening the bench in case Thomson picks up another knock.

Guess we'll see what happens. 

38 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

On Forfar's website it says:

The 19 year old striker a Fifer by birth and a product of the Fife Elite Football Academy moved across the water to Tannadice in 2015.

So, maybe that's where Ray might play him. Or he could just be strengthening the bench in case Thomson picks up another knock.

Guess we'll see what happens. 

I'm just saying as I'm itk , starts on the right, attacking, cant defend, is quick, we all are at 19.

Not surprised if he is looking to play more football closer to home. Can’t fault his effort even if his performances didn’t match it, and although he did look better at the start of this season, injuries have stopped any more progress. 

On 26/01/2023 at 17:27, Loon From Outta Toon said:
Seeing a rumour regards Yusuf Hussain leaving to sign for Open Goal Broomhill.

Would be fine with that, he’s nowhere near good enough.

Arguably the worst performance ever witnessed in a Forfar shirt v Arbroath, still beggars belief that we signed him.

4 hours ago, tbsouth said:

On 26/01/2023 at 17:27, Loon From Outta Toon said:
Seeing a rumour regards Yusuf Hussain leaving to sign for Open Goal Broomhill.

Would be fine with that, he’s nowhere near good enough.

Arguably the worst performance ever witnessed in a Forfar shirt v Arbroath, still beggars belief that we signed him.

That’s him away.

that game against Arbroath was horrendous. He even ended up taking corners 🤦‍♂️😂

5AB0EAB6-E8CA-4EFB-AE4B-A1D8F5C44382.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Joshua Jack released, bit gutted with this, the lad had a bit of potential definitely a useful option. 

715F56C2-9AE0-4028-B072-BBA222E84368.jpeg

Definitely has potential but McKinnon been favouring Moore as the backup option of late and I also don’t have a problem with that. Clearly wants to play so fair play to him