Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

We are hardly cut adrift, the situation is eminently escapable but only if the Board actually make the right decision soon. I have no confidence that our tinpot rabble of blazer and tie wearers will do so though.

I’m hopeful that given the update of thanks on the website had no mention of the boards support for Irvine, that the boot maybe coming.

5 minutes ago, Loon81 said:

I’m hopeful that given the update of thanks on the website had no mention of the boards support for Irvine, that the boot maybe coming.

I wouldn’t get your hopes up, they never mention him in those.

He's clearly delusional, the decision should have been weeks ago. This is no longer Irvine's fault but the Board's failure to act. Given the exact same happened under Malcolm and it took him resigning to change things last time, you have to think that the Forfar manager's job is pretty much the safest in Scottish Football.

I have nothing better to do on my lunch break and Irvine seems to think it’s just a slump so I’ve gone through the competitive games since the ‘slump’ started. It is not good reading.

In a nutshell, we’ve played 23 games since April 16th, when things went from looking okay in second with a 5-1 win over Annan to where we are now.

There’s been 23 games since then and in that time our record is W4 D6 L13.

In all honesty the decline started back on Boxing Day but it’s gotten worse since that Annan win.

The Courier have posted an article showing many of the stats we already know.

We've only won 1 home game this season and that was on matchday 2!

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/3858202/forfar-athletics-dismal-season-numbers-gary-irvine/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

2 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

The Courier have posted an article showing many of the stats we already know.

We've only won 1 home game this season and that was on matchday 2!

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/3858202/forfar-athletics-dismal-season-numbers-gary-irvine/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

F**k me, if something as beige as the Courier is writing hit pieces, maybe the writing is on the wall.

27 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Board meeting tonight, possibly should have been yesterday, lost the players and the fans, no way back, our only hope now is to get Jim Duffy in till the end of the season.

Don't the board meet every Monday? So not necessarily a "fire the manager meeting."