Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

48 minutes ago, C_titz said:

No chance aitken is offside for that disallowed goal 

Nothing like it either. Kevin Nicoll is on the floor on the byline too. Knew at the time, complete guess from the linesman

19 minutes ago, lwh said:

Nothing like it either. Kevin Nicoll is on the floor on the byline too. Knew at the time, complete guess from the linesman

Don’t think Nicoll was right on the line? Number 3 plays him onside though I’m pretty certain. The angle from behind the goal kind of says that. 

shambles from the linesman to give it as a goal though and shite it from their manager when confronted. 

5 minutes ago, C_titz said:

Don’t think Nicoll was right on the line? Number 3 plays him onside though I’m pretty certain. The angle from behind the goal kind of says that. 

shambles from the linesman to give it as a goal though and shite it from their manager when confronted. 

I don’t think Nicoll actually slid that close to the byline, it was close to myself and the skid marks afterwards didn’t go near it.

Looking at the footage, the number three is behind Aitken but it’s the keeper I’m not sure about. He looks like he might actually be in front of Aitken when Jack touches the ball. If he is then the decision is right, but it’s still a joke that the linesman didn’t flag when it actually happened instead of waiting until kick off was about to be taken.

With two wins on the bounce (yes Elgin was dire, and Kilwinning were 2 leagues below) it looks like 4-2-3-1 could be the formation for Forfar.

Whilst I'm not the biggest fan of Hutton and Docherty they do seem to work well together in front of the defence and most likely give more stability than Moore or Jack would in that role.

However, Matty should not be starting on the RW Thomson, Hanratty (or Flanagan if he wasn't injured and lacking in fitness) are way better options.

Ferguson hasn't done much to impress yet but between him, Armour and Matty there's not much quality there anyway.

I like Stef on the left with him cutting inside allowing Brindley to overlap him as Brindley is happier further forward (still not convinced by his defensive ability) and getting those crosses in (or if Saturday is anything to go by just let him run!)

It's obvious Gary Irvine is going nowhere so whilst our season is still dreadful, hopefully it'll become slightly less grim.

52 minutes ago, C_titz said:

15 points off top after 12 games . Pre season he was going on about a title challenge . Pish 

Crazily, I think it being *only* 15 points makes our season sound better than it has been

Looking back over the league campaign so far, there's really only a couple of results that you could even say Forfar didn't get what they deserved. 

In my opinion, they were worth a point at Bayview, and probably did enough to beat Elgin at home. Almost every other game they've lost, has been a hammering.

So that's a 3 point swing that would have us in 7th rather than 8th. Suggests they are exactly where they should be. 

Depressing times.

2 hours ago, RateofKnots said:

Looking back over the league campaign so far, there's really only a couple of results that you could even say Forfar didn't get what they deserved. 

In my opinion, they were worth a point at Bayview, and probably did enough to beat Elgin at home. Almost every other game they've lost, has been a hammering.

So that's a 3 point swing that would have us in 7th rather than 8th. Suggests they are exactly where they should be. 

Depressing times.

I’m barely arsed about it anymore come 5pm Saturday . Expecting to lose 

3 hours ago, RateofKnots said:

Depressing times.

Disagree in regards to the elgin game. We had a a man advantage for a large part of the game & still managed to make life difficult for ourselves. 

Ultimately I think the overall situation is depressing. Recruitment has been poor, tactics are poor. 

Whilst id take an 8th place finish right now it, they way things are being done in regards to the on the field stuff I see us becoming nothing more than league 2 mid table fodder for the next few years. Or we go down. I can't see a return to league 1 anytime soon.